This secretive price cut will only hurt Microsoft

#11bob15xPosted 3/27/2014 11:19:51 AM
Apex-Player posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Well, Sony boosted their price in Canada, which was surprising. Don't think that'll happen again, but it's possible.

As soon as Canada takes over the world.

Learn the difference between Canada raising prices, and Sony raising prices.
It's beyond stupid at this point that you don't know the difference.

are you saying Canada raised the price of the ps4 in Canada?
#12ghost140Posted 3/27/2014 11:27:31 AM
Waiting on pulling the trigger on the X1 is already paying off the lowest price to date is(SOLDOUT) $439 TF bundle from tiger direct. So I keep asking myself will it get to $399 trend seems to be yes but I may be waiting too long and the deals will evaporate till XMAS.
---
Possession is 9/10ths of the law, the other tenth is a tank and I have both. - Sarge
#13EnclavePosted 3/27/2014 11:35:14 AM
It actually explains why Microsoft didn't increase the price of the Xbone in Canada. All they did was not lower the price here.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#14Apex-PlayerPosted 3/27/2014 1:34:32 PM
bob15x posted...
Apex-Player posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Well, Sony boosted their price in Canada, which was surprising. Don't think that'll happen again, but it's possible.

The Canadian dollar dropped down to .90 on a US dollar, prices went up across the board.
Not just on the PlayStation4.
Every game PS or xboxone are 69.99 now same deal for other products etc.
Once the Canadian dollar gets its value back prices will return to normal.
(after retailers milk it for a few extra months...)
It's happened before.

With these (political subject) sanctions on Russia, Canada will be moving more grain to the EU
The US and Canada will be trying to supply oil to the EU/ bypassing their need for Russian supplies and our dollar will become close to parity again. (unless it bounces back sooner, it was up to .91 yesterday)
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/27/2014 1:37:21 PM
Doofe_2014 posted...
Microsoft will win, they have the power of Direct X

I'm sure they have a couple GPUs and CPUs hidden some where in the console, they're just waiting until the right moment to announce it.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16EnclavePosted 3/27/2014 1:38:35 PM
Apex-Player posted...
bob15x posted...
Apex-Player posted...
userfrigginame posted...

The Canadian dollar dropped down to .90 on a US dollar, prices went up across the board.
It's happened before.

With these (political subject) sanctions on Russia, Canada will be moving more grain to the EU
The US and Canada will be trying to supply oil to the EU/ bypassing their need for Russian supplies and our dollar will become close to parity again. (unless it bounces back sooner, it was up to .91 yesterday)

Projections have it remaining stable between 86-90 cents to the American dollar. You have to remember, the Canadian government went out of its way to lower the value of our dollar.

It's ridiculous, the value of the dollar doesn't actually reflect the current strength of our economy. Sure this is good for exports but I don't work as a trucker or forester or anything of the sort. I work in the tech industry and a lowering of the dollar means my salary basically got a 10% cut over the last year.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#17LEGEND_725Posted 3/27/2014 1:43:46 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Doofe_2014 posted...
Microsoft will win, they have the power of Direct X

I'm sure they have a couple GPUs and CPUs hidden some where in the console, they're just waiting until the right moment to announce it.

So that explains why ryse is the best looking exclusive on console
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#18TreGoodaPosted 3/27/2014 1:46:20 PM
Enclave posted...
Apex-Player posted...
bob15x posted...
Apex-Player posted...
userfrigginame posted...

It's happened before.

Projections have it remaining stable between 86-90 cents to the American dollar. You have to remember, the Canadian government went out of its way to lower the value of our dollar.

It's ridiculous, the value of the dollar doesn't actually reflect the current strength of our economy. Sure this is good for exports but I don't work as a trucker or forester or anything of the sort. I work in the tech industry and a lowering of the dollar means my salary basically got a 10% cut over the last year.

I think it all comes down to the US and printing way too many dollars. Once we get our money supply in order (I'm guessing sometime after 2016) then I expect the Canadian dollar to drop much further. It wasn't too long ago the Canadian dollar was 50 cents on the US dollar.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#19BigBOO2UPosted 3/27/2014 2:04:47 PM
Apex-Player posted...
I think they're planning a 399$ bundle that includes a free game.
Just trying to take it down slowly so investors don't get high blood pressure.

I think you meant to say the people who bought this thing at or shortly after launch don't burst a blood vessel.

I hope that Day One achievement and three months worth of Peggle 2 were worth it.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#20EnclavePosted 3/27/2014 2:07:11 PM
TreGooda posted...
I think it all comes down to the US and printing way too many dollars. Once we get our money supply in order (I'm guessing sometime after 2016) then I expect the Canadian dollar to drop much further. It wasn't too long ago the Canadian dollar was 50 cents on the US dollar.

The Canadian dollar back then actually was lowered that much once again because the Canadian government did it on purpose. Our dollar was worth more than the American dollar and that was bad for exports, so they tanked the dollar on purpose.

This time they aren't doing it by printing a bunch of money but rather via other tactics. They don't seem to want to lower the dollar by as much as they did the previous time, thus why most projections are predicting 86-90 cents. Canada has a booming tech industry after all and lowering the value too much will cause talent to abandon Canada for more profitable countries. I myself nearly transferred to the UK recently.
---