Does Microsofts new rep system censor freedom of speech?

#11EllesarienPosted 3/27/2014 10:57:02 AM
cheezedadada posted...
How are people voting "yes" to this? LOL

You know why...and who they are.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#12lninjasoniclPosted 3/27/2014 10:57:59 AM
Ellesarien posted...
We need a new Poll :

% of Americans that truly have no idea what the 1st amendment entails :

0%
1%
2%
5%

The right to bear arms

RAWWWRRR
---
In High School I was voted most appropriate.
#13TrickyPonyPosted 3/27/2014 10:58:34 AM
lol freedom of speech. TC, you have no idea what that is. Free speech does not mean you can say anything you want. Go to the airport and talk about the ticking sound coming from your backpack and then complain to them about free speech
#14BiggyDXPosted 3/27/2014 10:59:46 AM
The 1st amendment is meant to protect you against the federal gov't, not a contract you go into with a private company.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#15Rainy_David1Posted 3/27/2014 11:02:12 AM
Ellesarien posted...
We need a new Poll :

0%
1%
2%
5%

I'd put the poll options in the 50% to 70% range.
#16EllesarienPosted 3/27/2014 11:06:13 AM
Ellesarien posted...
We need a new Poll :

0%
1%
2%
5%

lninjasonicl posted...
Ellesarien posted...
We need a new Poll :

0%
1%
2%
5%

The right to bear arms

RAWWWRRR

Hehe..Seriously. The family guy episode about it was so perfect :

"Do you think this is confusing at all?"

"No, I think it is clear...Everyone has the right to hang a pair of bare arms on their walls"
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#17teeebzPosted 3/27/2014 11:06:59 AM
The problem with the Internet and playing online, is that there is no face to face interaction. Over half the people who insult and curse would never do so if there was actual face to face consequences.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#18Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/27/2014 11:14:10 AM
cheezedadada posted...
It's a moot point. You forfeit rights like that when you agree to the ToS if applicable. Same thing happens on Gamefaqs. You can say whatever you want, but the moderators can remove that message if its against their rules. Freedom of speech doesn't apply in situations like these nor does it mean what most people assume it means.
moot means "up for debate." otherwise, you're right. i'd like to see some of these yes-votes walk into someone else's home, and test their so-called free speech rights. :)
#19TBONE_OGPosted 3/27/2014 11:17:21 AM
cheezedadada posted...
It's a moot point. You forfeit rights like that when you agree to the ToS if applicable. Same thing happens on Gamefaqs. You can say whatever you want, but the moderators can remove that message if its against their rules. Freedom of speech doesn't apply in situations like these nor does it mean what most people assume it means.

This. Close the thread now.

TC has lots to learn in school.
---
Always O.G.
#20realyoshdawgPosted 3/27/2014 11:17:24 AM
First MS took away my guns, then they took away my right to vote, and NOW they are taking my freedom of speech!? This is madness!
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg