Does Microsofts new rep system censor freedom of speech?

#111gogogodzillaPosted 3/29/2014 6:12:31 PM
heffley19 posted...
How is this any different than Gamefaqs moderating what they want and if they don't like it they delete it and discipline you?

And that's a good thing?
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#112Laylow12Posted 3/29/2014 6:28:16 PM(edited)
Did you realize you sign up for this when you agree to the terms of service and paid $500 or did you just want to play video games and relax in privacy?

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

"Xbox One can essentially work like TV that watches you, potentially bringing marketers a huge new trove of data about what's going on in living rooms, including, as one marketer put it after the speech, unprecedented information about how people engage with TV advertising.
"It could have a big impact on pricing," he said, given Xbox One's capacity for seeing whether people are paying attention or how their bodies respond to the ads, said the marketer, who wasn't authorized by his company to speak for attribution."

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#113yiangaruuugaPosted 3/29/2014 7:09:06 PM
Personally, I have a much more enjoyable experience when I don't have to worry about hearing people yelling "F**k" and "$**t" every ten seconds. People these days need to expand their vocabularies, and it may be because I'm in college, but it gets worse and worse with each incoming Freshman class.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#114TheGam3925Posted 3/29/2014 7:55:38 PM
MS isn't obligated to allow freedom of speech on XBL, and so they don't.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#115TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/29/2014 8:00:50 PM
If I ever have my mic on, it's to goof around with people. I expect to see only racist tweens getting these harsh votes most of the time.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#116aszsithPosted 3/30/2014 10:45:01 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
okay one more time for the slow people

Freedom of speech is to protect you backlash from the government, but even then thats not there anymore.

Using a Private service such as but not limited to: PSN,XBL,Gamefaqs,IGN, you are agreeing not to be a disruptive, member of that community, and if you decide to be that member then they can take corrective action against you. Gamefaqs already does this if you insult someone when they are being mentally handicapped.

MS is getting huge backlash cause people not knowing actual law and trying to be lawyers and crying foul. Ask Imis how Freedom of speech doesn't apply in cases when you are representing a company.

As members of these communities you Represent these companies and they have the right to punish you to their extent if you are bringing a bad image to their company, which right now is putting you into lobbies with people like you, and keeping your toxic attitude off twitch cause you can't act civil.

Everything does it MS is informing you, do you honestly think Sony doesn't have a plan like this set to come out soon. The idea is to make the community fun place to be I hate playing with jerks, granted I mute them.

Not censoring freedom of speech not even close.

Also I would be willing to bet MS has a measure in place to prevent someone from just reporting you cause you beat them.

This^

Of course, all the people this is directed toward will argue against it because they don't understand.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.