Does Microsofts new rep system censor freedom of speech?

#21aszsithPosted 3/27/2014 11:18:15 AM
The first amendment protects you legally. It does not give you free reign to spout whatever hate speech you want without consequence from society.

In other words, Microsoft can use the system to "censor" hate speech by taking away the forum being used. Microsoft cannot use the system to take legal action against the players using that forum.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#22ghost140Posted 3/27/2014 11:20:04 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
We need a new Poll :

% of Americans that truly have no idea what the 1st amendment entails :

0%
1%
2%
5%

I'd put the poll options in the 50% to 70% range.

Too generous more like 60% to 90% range. Most foreign immigrants who become citizens have a better understanding of the U.S. Constitution.
---
Possession is 9/10ths of the law, the other tenth is a tank and I have both. - Sarge
#23joeymegs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 11:20:10 AM
I'm well aware of what the first amendment right entails. I also know that by agreeing to the ToU that I basically give up those rights. Which is why I created the poll. Who feels it's ok, who dosent like it, and who needs to see it in action. I need to see it in action. If I swear (and I do) and get a bad reputation than that's kinda stupid. If it's more for cheaters and people using racial slurs than I'm ok with that.
---
GT: Joe Corleone
PSN: JoeyCorleone
#24regsantotomasPosted 3/27/2014 11:22:38 AM(edited)
Your free speech rights can not be taken away from you. The policies regarding online behavior on XBL or other service does not apply to personal freedoms in any way.

All these choices are false premises.

None Of The Above
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#25Tyronelio1Posted 3/27/2014 11:22:37 AM
Let's rise up against these corporations, show them what people power can do! USA USA USA!
#26Joey-ZazaPosted 3/27/2014 11:23:20 AM
Hold on guys let me test out my freedom of speech in my next post. Get ready!
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#27cheezedadadaPosted 3/27/2014 11:44:20 AM(edited)
Troll_Directory posted...
cheezedadada posted...
It's a moot point. You forfeit rights like that when you agree to the ToS if applicable. Same thing happens on Gamefaqs. You can say whatever you want, but the moderators can remove that message if its against their rules. Freedom of speech doesn't apply in situations like these nor does it mean what most people assume it means.
moot means "up for debate." otherwise, you're right. i'd like to see some of these yes-votes walk into someone else's home, and test their so-called free speech rights. :)

I've always known moot to have more than one meaning. Especially in legal terms?

Moot:
-of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
-Chiefly Law. not actual;
-(without relevance): irrelevant

I honestly think it applies here, but I could be wrong?

..but yeah like Ellesarien said, its either people trying to make Microsoft look like the big bad guy or people who truly don't understand free speech rights and/or Terms of Service agreements etc.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#28Joey-ZazaPosted 3/27/2014 11:26:47 AM
Wow I can't find any modded posts. Less trolling? Or just mostly modded topics?
#29Tyronelio1Posted 3/27/2014 11:29:02 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Wow I can't find any modded posts. Less trolling? Or just mostly modded topics?

To be fair the mods have been a solid job recently of getting rid of the posts that are reported, that's all it takes.

Yet people be all like they don't do crap on this board.

USA USA USA
#30wrettcaughnPosted 3/27/2014 11:30:42 AM
WartPig_ posted...
your right only extend to the point where they infringe on others. (read the preamble)

also a private network can set its own rules with a ToU wich you agreed to like gamefaqs.

This
---
GT: wrettcaughn