Does Microsofts new rep system censor freedom of speech?

#91TheGam3925Posted 3/28/2014 1:51:30 AM
Lol at these entitled gamers thinking they should have freedom of speech while gaming on Xbox Live.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#92NeoMonkPosted 3/28/2014 1:55:33 AM
cheezedadada posted...
It's a moot point. You forfeit rights like that when you agree to the ToS if applicable.
This is the same rules the police use when they stop you as you're walking the sidewalk...
You looking suspicious to them for being black or brown = your problem.

I'm glad we're all becoming lil narcs as children are indoctrinated at an early age to do so.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#93RagnarokxvPosted 3/28/2014 2:32:10 AM
You are not entitled to these "rights". You signed an agreement. If you break their terms they can terminate your account. If this is so concerning to you maybe you should have read the agreement first.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#94BDJaycePosted 3/28/2014 2:46:21 AM
This has nothing to do with your freedom of speech. You signed the terms of use when you signed up for your Xbox Live account. With the number of neglectful parents out there I could see them limiting the things you say.. i'm an adult and I wouldn't want to hear some snot nosed punk screaming obscenities at me because they think it's cool either. I don't want to hear about your junk or how 'gay' I am.. so if it cuts down on the unoriginal insults and limits the number of pre-teens I have to hear swearing then whatever.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#95Mindwipe77Posted 3/28/2014 3:59:55 AM
the only ppl whining are those who act like idiots on XBL most likely anyway, and here's a bit of info for ya, if i hear any moron on XBL screaming, using the F-word like its going out of style, racial slurs, you bet your ass i am going to bring your rep down, you can count on it
---
Now Playing-Demon Souls/Lightning Returns/Pinball Arcade
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#96whitelytningPosted 3/28/2014 4:13:55 AM
Its threads like these that make me wonder what some of your teachers/parents are doing when they should be making you decent citizens. Its scary that so many of you don't understand simple parts of how the bill or rights work but will be voting and making decisions about the future.

Constitution = limited government power.
Bill of Rights = individual protection from the federal government. (although the 5th and 14th amendment makes some of the bill of rights apply to the states)
Microsoft = private company (not the government).
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#97Goregasm17Posted 3/28/2014 10:56:40 AM
You know those really long reads when you sign up for live, called the ToS? Yeah, that states MS can do whatever they want with you on their Live whenever they want without even contacting you of their decision.

Then you hit 'accept' and didn't read it.

So no, they do not infringe on your freedom of speech because you agreed to abide by their rules.
#98Omega_BlackPosted 3/28/2014 11:01:27 AM
Why do people continually think that freedom of speech can be cited as a defense for their behavior in a privately owned space with its own Terms of Service agreement that THEY AGREE TO before they even enter it?

It just boggles my mind.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is what I continually keep reading: false reporting by people (and in turn their friends) that get angry because they lose legitimately.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#99cheezedadadaPosted 3/28/2014 11:16:17 AM
Rybal posted...
Wow - I just looked that up. Apparently, the word "moot" has conflicting meanings and can mean either definition.

Yeah I have always seen "moot point" being used in the context of how I used it. It most likely originally meant up for debate, but evolved into having more than one application. I also like it because Larry David uses it like I did in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Larry David is awesome.

http://www.hark.com/clips/hvjvjblrgh-thats-moot
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#100cheezedadadaPosted 3/28/2014 11:16:32 AM
IChoseNotToRun posted...
cheezedadada posted...
It's a moot point. You forfeit rights like that when you agree to the ToS if applicable. Same thing happens on Gamefaqs. You can say whatever you want, but the moderators can remove that message if its against their rules. Freedom of speech doesn't apply in situations like these nor does it mean what most people assume it means.

I like you.

I like you too.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.