Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

#1PigfartsPosted 3/27/2014 11:34:25 AM
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 3/27/2014 11:35:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3jellybeanmasterPosted 3/27/2014 12:18:25 PM
Tried using it but it didnt work. Kept freezing n always lost connection. Havent looked back. Use my box for games neway...when i had gold:(
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#4heffley19Posted 3/27/2014 12:20:44 PM
Pigfarts posted...
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?

I use it all the time, I have DirecTv and have my whole set up through Xbox One. When I say "Xbox Turn Off" it turns my Xbox, Tv, Sound Bar, and DirecTV off. Very handy.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#5Pigfarts(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 12:21:46 PM
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#60PTICSPosted 3/27/2014 12:22:51 PM
I don't like how I need to turn the X1 on to watch TV. It has actually limited my TV watching use.

I do like how I can just say "Xbox watch *insert station*" anytime without having to grab/find the remote. Plus, I don't have my channels memorized.
#7lninjasoniclPosted 3/27/2014 12:23:33 PM
No, I have 2 TVs side by side, one for gaming one for shows
---
In High School I was voted most appropriate.
#8heffley19Posted 3/27/2014 12:23:37 PM
Pigfarts posted...
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.

I just record through my DirecTv, so I don't know if that is any different but DVR for DirecTV works.
---
#9Lawboy2Posted 3/27/2014 12:26:00 PM
heffley19 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

I use it all the time, I have DirecTv and have my whole set up through Xbox One. When I say "Xbox Turn Off" it turns my Xbox, Tv, Sound Bar, and DirecTV off. Very handy.

This plus u can get msgs from ppl that are online...so like if one of ur buddies pops on u can easily just switch to the game and that's a huge plus
#10heffley19Posted 3/27/2014 12:27:45 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
heffley19 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

This plus u can get msgs from ppl that are online...so like if one of ur buddies pops on u can easily just switch to the game and that's a huge plus

Yeah, people need to learn how to use the Xbox One before they bash it. It has some great features and capabilities.
---