Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?
2 years ago#11
Pigfarts posted...
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?

I use it every day. It's quite nice. It doesn't work with the DVR features (yet).

I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN. Pretty convenient at times.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
2 years ago#12
Pigfarts posted...
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.

It's a pass through...u can still do everything u could do with ur cable box before u hooked it up to the xbox one...I don't even use voice commands I use my regular remote....I mostly watch on demand shows and maybe a movie here and there ...it works great
2 years ago#13
nope... wasa lost cause from jump...should have been a feature instead of a main focus...now they are trailing behind because of that mistake...

I can't stand dumb hardheaded people...they revealed the xb1...the WORLD raged...and they trudged forward AGAINST THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY

makes it real hard to feel sorry for them
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
2 years ago#14
I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN.

Does it then laugh at CNN?
2 years ago#15
I use it, it is nice to be able to turn on tv and change channels w/o searching for a remote, good for switching quickly between gaming and tv. I dual output my cable box though so the X1 doesn't have to be on if I plan on just watching tv,
2 years ago#16
Yep I use it easy to switch from netflix to tv to games very quickly. Nice feature.
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
2 years ago#17
Foreman22 posted...
I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN.

Does it then laugh at CNN?

Unfortunately no.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
2 years ago#18
I do, and it is awesome. Not only can I change the channel by verbal command, but I can substitute the name of the program I want. "Xbox, watch NCIS" is easy mode for those times I actually feel like watching something.
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived