Does anyone use the watch TV through your xbox on your TV feature?

#11TreGoodaPosted 3/27/2014 11:27:46 AM
Pigfarts posted...
MS was staying how great this is but does anyone actually use it. Can you use your Xb1 like a DVR or something? What added benefits does it bring?

I use it every day. It's quite nice. It doesn't work with the DVR features (yet).

I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN. Pretty convenient at times.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#12Lawboy2Posted 3/27/2014 11:29:08 AM
Pigfarts posted...
Do you know if it can function as a DVR? Sorta pointless to me since my man cave has a computer screen on my coffee table next to my couch. but still a nice feature to people without a dvr.

It's a pass through...u can still do everything u could do with ur cable box before u hooked it up to the xbox one...I don't even use voice commands I use my regular remote....I mostly watch on demand shows and maybe a movie here and there ...it works great
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 3/27/2014 12:23:15 PM
nope... wasa lost cause from jump...should have been a feature instead of a main focus...now they are trailing behind because of that mistake...

I can't stand dumb hardheaded people...they revealed the xb1...the WORLD raged...and they trudged forward AGAINST THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY

makes it real hard to feel sorry for them
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#14Foreman22Posted 3/27/2014 12:24:20 PM
I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN.

Does it then laugh at CNN?
#15AceMagasePosted 3/27/2014 12:28:07 PM
I use it, it is nice to be able to turn on tv and change channels w/o searching for a remote, good for switching quickly between gaming and tv. I dual output my cable box though so the X1 doesn't have to be on if I plan on just watching tv,
#16GingaritoPosted 3/27/2014 12:30:51 PM
Yep I use it easy to switch from netflix to tv to games very quickly. Nice feature.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#17TreGoodaPosted 3/27/2014 12:34:07 PM
Foreman22 posted...
I can just say "XBOX: Watch CNN" and it goes right to CNN.

Does it then laugh at CNN?

Unfortunately no.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#18streamjumperPosted 3/27/2014 12:44:13 PM
I do, and it is awesome. Not only can I change the channel by verbal command, but I can substitute the name of the program I want. "Xbox, watch NCIS" is easy mode for those times I actually feel like watching something.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...