Do Xbox 360 game downloads work on Xbox One?

#1G-ZissPosted 3/27/2014 1:54:32 PM
For example, if I buy Bioshock and Bioshock 2 from the marketplace for my Xbox 360, will I be able to play them on an Xbox One if I get that too?
---
Professional Topic Killer
#2MJFJDPosted 3/27/2014 1:54:51 PM
No
#3G-Ziss(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 1:55:49 PM
Seriously? WTH. I can understand if the old discs don't work on new consoles, but why don't digital versions work?
---
#4SxmfctPosted 3/27/2014 2:00:15 PM
G-Ziss posted...
Seriously? WTH. I can understand if the old discs don't work on new consoles, but why don't digital versions work?

Yeah man, it's complete bulls***. I mean my N64 played SNES and NES carts right out of the box! And don't forget the magic "magnet cartridge reader" the Dreamcast had for Mega Drive and Master system games

Oh those were the days
---
Your move OP
#5SudiekenPosted 3/27/2014 2:05:19 PM
G-Ziss posted...

Because digital versions and disc versions are literally the same exact thing minus the disc.
#6G-Ziss(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 2:07:07 PM
Sxmfct posted...
G-Ziss posted...

Yeah man, it's complete bulls***. I mean my N64 played SNES and NES carts right out of the box! And don't forget the magic "magnet cartridge reader" the Dreamcast had for Mega Drive and Master system games

Oh those were the days

You obviously didn't read my post very well.
---
#7SxmfctPosted 3/27/2014 2:08:24 PM
G-Ziss posted...
Sxmfct posted...
G-Ziss posted...

Oh those were the days

You obviously didn't read my post very well.

I did, I just couldn't be bothered to even give you the correct answer because you're trolling anyway and you already knew the bone had no BC
---
Your move OP
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 3/27/2014 2:08:32 PM
No only the Wii U is backwards compatible but nobody bought one so now that practice is going the way of the Don Imis.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9Strav23Posted 3/27/2014 2:09:32 PM
You expect all the developers to go back to old games and re-program them to work with xbox one? Can I put ps4 game in my xbox one because the game is for both consoles... It might still have xbox in the title but that doesn't mean it works the same way.
#10DeadLock25Posted 3/27/2014 2:16:40 PM
G-Ziss posted...

What do you mean? The only difference between the disk and the digital version is...well...the disk. The information stored on both the disk and your HDD is EXACTLY the same.

The problem is the architecture of the system which does not allow the games from the old one to run on the new one. It has NOTHING to do with the X1 ability to read 360 disks. The game itself (the data and information that makes up the whole game) cannot be read by the upgraded architecture of the 360. Whether that info is on disk or on a HDD is irrelevant.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent