Do Xbox 360 game downloads work on Xbox One?

#11SigmaLongshotPosted 3/27/2014 2:24:09 PM
I'm unsure if this is common knowledge or that TC is just desperate for a scrap, but backwards compatibility is not as simple as "run Halo 3 on Xbox One, it's simple because it's a stronger system."

You literally have to build a console-specific, platform-optimised Xbox 360 emulator to then run on the Xbox One platform, then cross-check each individual title for code and asset discrepancies.

Your game utilised file formats that aren't cross-compatible? Then prepare for sound to just not work, or standard T-shape default rig poses at random points in certain titles.

As games get bigger and more complex, backwards compatibility gets less and less effective and viable from technical and marketing standpoints.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#12CaIiber345Posted 3/27/2014 2:36:26 PM
What happens to Arcade games on 360 when they shut down LIVE one day?
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#13crynryanPosted 3/27/2014 3:43:47 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm unsure if this is common knowledge or that TC is just desperate for a scrap, but backwards compatibility is not as simple as "run Halo 3 on Xbox One, it's simple because it's a stronger system."

You literally have to build a console-specific, platform-optimised Xbox 360 emulator to then run on the Xbox One platform, then cross-check each individual title for code and asset discrepancies.

Your game utilised file formats that aren't cross-compatible? Then prepare for sound to just not work, or standard T-shape default rig poses at random points in certain titles.

As games get bigger and more complex, backwards compatibility gets less and less effective and viable from technical and marketing standpoints.

And seeing as how they did this for Xbox games on the 360, and how not all that many games were supported (even the ones that were were a little buggy), it's not surprising why they didn't try and do it again.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#14SSJ4AngelusPosted 3/28/2014 4:47:16 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
What happens to Arcade games on 360 when they shut down LIVE one day?

This is one of the reasons why disc based games are better than digital.
---
Do we fight in order to gain more power, or do we gain more power in order to fight? - Kenpachi Zaraki, the Captain of Squad Eleven
#15tendoboy1984Posted 3/29/2014 2:23:57 PM
Backwards compatibility is great on the DS, 3DS, Wii U. :)
---
PlayStation Network: PS_man1984, Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
#16BeefEasterPosted 3/29/2014 2:37:56 PM
lol @ everyone taking the bait
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#17mouchouPosted 4/2/2014 6:10:48 AM
I see no bait here, it's true that it's very sad, i bought Strider on xbox360 and my roomie got a X1 but i can't download the game on his machine, same about BF4 content... and i find this just really sad (to stay polite).
---
nya nya nya! =^.^=
#18BloatedSquirrelPosted 4/2/2014 6:36:11 AM
mouchou posted...
I see no bait here, it's true that it's very sad, i bought Strider on xbox360 and my roomie got a X1 but i can't download the game on his machine, same about BF4 content... and i find this just really sad (to stay polite).

It's bait. The console has been out for months and people have known this before the release.
---
"What are you pointing the gun at the suitcase for? It's dead already."