Watch_Dogs Hatred U-Turn

#21aheroafakePosted 3/28/2014 8:44:44 AM
Sure you applied for developer recognition on this site. If you really do work for Ubisoft, prove it in a PM. I promise that I won't flame/troll you. Otherwise, you're lying. I'm not trying to be a douche but seriously, this is gamefaqs. It's hard to believe anything people say on this site unless proof is provided.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#22Illogical_PoetPosted 3/28/2014 9:08:36 AM(edited)
By all accounts, Sigma is legitimate. He works in the games industry. That said, he doesn't need to prove that to anyone as he's already done so in the past with disastrous results.
Anyways, on topic, never cared too much about Watch Dogs either way
---
GT: "III RHIN0 III"
Life, is a state of mind.
#23Joey-ZazaPosted 3/28/2014 8:50:38 AM
Don't do that Sigma. You and I know exactly why.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#24Reflex-ArcPosted 3/28/2014 8:50:58 AM
Sith Jedi posted...
There are fans of Wild Wild West?

Me and Artemus Clydefrog gonna save Salma Hayek from the big metal spider.

Wiggy wiggy wild wiggy wiggy wild.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#25Tyronelio1Posted 3/28/2014 8:52:41 AM
Ubisoft is the best publisher in the world.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#26DojoMaxPosted 3/28/2014 9:57:33 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
bgwilly255 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
aheroafake posted...
Are you really a legitimate source of any gaming company?

I am a developer for Ubisoft Reflections, four years now.

Proof?

I'm not falling for that one again after I got personal abuse direct to my personal contact addresses the first time I provided proof, I'm afraid.

Doesn't Gamefaqs "upgrade" your account to say you're actually part of the industry?

I believe he says who he is, and he's been saying he's game dev for a while now, and never try to use it in in a "I'm better than you are" or "I know more than you kind of way". I don't think he needs to "prove" to a bunch of forum guys who he is, either believe him or don't.

Anyways, I think WD will be interesting, I haven't preordered it yet, I'm still iffy about it, but I was iffy about TF as well until I played the Alpha so anything can change. I like the premise though, in that everyone could potentially be another player, or have some kind of backstory.

We will see.
---
stop trollin
#27SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:03:06 AM
Sigma is a UI artist, so take the developer part lightly.

But he is legit.
#28SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:06:21 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Sigma is a UI artist, so take the developer part lightly.

But he is legit.

I'm not sure how someone who develops content for videogames isn't a games developer.

Please don't make me run through the different developer roles again, explaining how coder/programmer is not a synonym for developer. I love tedium, but ironically, not too much of it.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#29kennyynnooPosted 3/28/2014 10:06:56 AM
Doesn't matter who he is or isn't, fact is we need a open world game this gen(non zombie) and its what we will get. I like how it looks, I try not to get wrapped in hype. A game doesn't have to look perfect to be great, to this day I still love crashing the mall in GTA vice city. All that matters is its fun. Mafia games, LA noire, both great looking open world but the world wasn't fun, game was ok but the worlds were not fun.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#30SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:09:29 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

I'm not sure how someone who develops content for videogames isn't a games developer.

Please don't make me run through the different developer roles again, explaining how coder/programmer is not a synonym for developer. I love tedium, but ironically, not too much of it.

By using the term "developer", you're making yourself look more important than you actually are.

When you post threads talking about technical specifications and claim you have "first hand experience developing" on a system and putting one over the other, while actually doing nothing but drawing pictures, you're fooling people into believing you actually know what you're talking about.

Is it that hard to just admit what your actual job is? Or is it because you know it will take away from your "credibility"?