Watch_Dogs Hatred U-Turn

#41SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:37:55 AM
Omega_Black posted...
So then attack the point you take issue with instead of demeaning Sigma's work, whatever it may be.

You seem too intelligent to devolve into borderline personal attacks.

I take both issue with Sigma posting about games made by his own company and pretending to be something he is not.

He doesn't develop games, he draws UI.

All he needs to do is put that in his topic instead of game developer and stop posting about games his own company makes trying to stealth market them.

JohnWall32 posted...

He made you look like a complete idiot...you can stop typing now.

Why? Because he makes stuff up?

Go and Google job requirements for a UI artist, it's not even half the crap he lists.

http://www.indeed.com/q-Ui-Artist-jobs.html

He's, once again, trying to make his job seem more important than it actually is.
#42SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:40:27 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
It's unfortunate that every time Sigma is questioned on his profession, the thread devolves into the gaming industry equivalent of the "Tracer" argument from Chasing Amy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwhZryRUr4

That's just the thing, Reflex; I genuinely like to debate on here, but should I dare post anything these days, my credibility as a person is attacked instead of the topic at hand.

I use the developer card only as a statement to enhance my credibility of internal games knowledge that other people might not fully appreciate or be aware of.

There might be pride, but never condescension.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#43SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:47:11 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

That's just the thing, Reflex; I genuinely like to debate on here, but should I dare post anything these days, my credibility as a person is attacked instead of the topic at hand.

I use the developer card only as a statement to enhance my credibility of internal games knowledge that other people might not fully appreciate or be aware of.

Credibility which you don't actually have if you post what you actually do.
#44Omega_BlackPosted 3/28/2014 10:51:45 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
I take both issue with Sigma posting about games made by his own company
That's a legitimate concern yet I'm not entirely convinced s/he is trying to "stealth market" the product. It's a simple matter of pride of one's work.

...and pretending to be something he is not.

He doesn't develop games, he draws UI.
Which, in turn, is an important aspect of games. Therefore, s/he assists in the development of the game, making him one of many game developers.

Spin it all you want to make it sound like something lesser, but the fact remains that Sigma is one of many a game developers working on this project.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#45CaIiber345Posted 3/28/2014 10:52:28 AM
Mr_Killstreak posted...
Didn't care when it was announced and still don't care.

This. I have never had any interest in this game.

However it is fascinating to watch all of the hype and hoopla that has surrounded the game. I think a lot would have went smoother if they just developed for Xbox One and PS4.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#46MrImpatient35Posted 3/28/2014 10:54:10 AM
My 100% confirmed purchases for this year so far are Child of Light, Watch Dogs, and Destiny...Arkham Knight is almost there.
---
FML
#47SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:55:23 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Credibility which you don't actually have if you post what you actually do.

I sincerely hope you learn respect for people that have worked hard to achieve their passions in life. I certainly have a great deal of respect for people passionate about their dreams, no matter how oddball or obtuse.

One of my university professors once told us that there are two types of people - the ones that plunge into life head-first like kids at a swimming pool, and the ones that lurk around the edges, mocking the ones that took the leap. The latter can pretend they're having just as much fun and fulfillment all they want, but in the end, it's fear, jealousy and a void of respect stopping them from jumping in too.
---
#48SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:58:21 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Mr_Killstreak posted...
Didn't care when it was announced and still don't care.

This. I have never had any interest in this game.

However it is fascinating to watch all of the hype and hoopla that has surrounded the game. I think a lot would have went smoother if they just developed for Xbox One and PS4.

Interesting you said that. We actually had to cut many of the sub and minigames from the project to get a cross-gen build... when our test press came back about releasing on current-gen only, we got back pretty much overwhelmingly negative feedback!
---
#49CaIiber345Posted 3/28/2014 10:58:33 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
He develops art for games, he develops the games art style, he develops the game.

Therefor he's a games developer.

He's a UI artist, why would he not simply say that when posting?
Why insist on game developer?

It's to make himself seem more knowledgeable and important than he actually is. Trying to add weight to his otherwise pretty much empty claims.

While there are a few select quotes, I'll go with this one.

The man says he works on video games. Who are you to question otherwise? Just leave him alone and stay out of his topics if you don't like him or believe him.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#50DarthUchiha91Posted 3/28/2014 11:00:22 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
My 100% confirmed purchases for this year so far are Child of Light, Watch Dogs, and Destiny...Arkham Knight is almost there.

Never heard of Child of Light. Might check it out.

I've already preordered Arkham Knight, Destiny, and The Evil Within. Still on the fence about Watch Dogs, but I'll probably wind up buying that too, sooner or later.
---
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.