WolfenStein $100 Collector's Edition Announced... Game Sold Separately

#21darkphiresagePosted 3/27/2014 7:53:06 PM(edited)
Never had a problem with collector's editions. That's the beauty of choice. Same with dlc and microtransactions of a cosmetic nature. Whether or not it's bundled with the game makes no difference to me. The whole package would be $160 either way, so either the extra s*** is worth $100 to you, or it's not. I'm having a hard time understanding why it matters, especially since this is a good model for CE's to follow. Many people prefer digital and that's the way gaming is slowly moving, so giving a choice or having the goodies separate is a reasonable idea imo.

On another note, some people in this thread need to do some research on ESO. Bethesda had their share of screw ups last gen and probably will this gen as well, but ESO ain't one of em.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#22OrgeLambartPosted 3/28/2014 5:02:38 AM
darkphiresage posted...
Never had a problem with collector's editions. That's the beauty of choice. Same with dlc and microtransactions of a cosmetic nature. Whether or not it's bundled with the game makes no difference to me. The whole package would be $160 either way, so either the extra s*** is worth $100 to you, or it's not. I'm having a hard time understanding why it matters, especially since this is a good model for CE's to follow. Many people prefer digital and that's the way gaming is slowly moving, so giving a choice or having the goodies separate is a reasonable idea imo.

On another note, some people in this thread need to do some research on ESO. Bethesda had their share of screw ups last gen and probably will this gen as well, but ESO ain't one of em.

It's about choice sure, but when this stuff is being forced into every game it removes my choice, when content is seemingly cut from games I enjoy to be later resold to me that removes my choice. Cosmetic stuff is one thing, but when you have whole missions or quest lines or spells or races removed from a game and then later sold to me it leaves a bad taste and removes choice.

Also the more these tactics succeed the more often they occur. If you are happy with Beth cutting out Imperials and forcing the gamer to pay an extra 20 dollars for them... I'm not even sure what to say. I can tell you must be on the younger side of the equation that's for sure. Otherwise you would be like 99% of the other people who see this tactic as a major issue.

60 dollar game, 20 dollar charge to use Imperials on top of a 15 dollar monthly fee. That is just downright awful. It would be different if the Imperials weren't such an important race to The Elder Scrolls lore, in fact the entire Oblivion was centered around Imperials.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#23XtremeWRATH360Posted 3/28/2014 5:21:01 AM
Collectors Editions have always sucked imo. Unless the CE comes with stuff you can have in game rather than a stupid book, map, poster or statue its not worth it.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#24DyingPancakePosted 3/28/2014 5:22:59 AM
"This collector's edition does not include a copy of the game. Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately—this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box."

No need to freak out about it
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 1
#25leelee3105Posted 3/28/2014 5:55:12 AM
Thus topic is just another example of the fact you guys will cry about ANYTHING!!
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#26HellsControllerPosted 3/28/2014 6:00:03 AM
darkphiresage posted...

Keep thinking that.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#27darkphiresagePosted 3/28/2014 1:43:14 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
darkphiresage posted...

It's about choice sure, but when this stuff is being forced into every game it removes my choice, when content is seemingly cut from games I enjoy to be later resold to me that removes my choice. Cosmetic stuff is one thing, but when you have whole missions or quest lines or spells or races removed from a game and then later sold to me it leaves a bad taste and removes choice.

Also the more these tactics succeed the more often they occur. If you are happy with Beth cutting out Imperials and forcing the gamer to pay an extra 20 dollars for them... I'm not even sure what to say. I can tell you must be on the younger side of the equation that's for sure. Otherwise you would be like 99% of the other people who see this tactic as a major issue.

60 dollar game, 20 dollar charge to use Imperials on top of a 15 dollar monthly fee. That is just downright awful. It would be different if the Imperials weren't such an important race to The Elder Scrolls lore, in fact the entire Oblivion was centered around Imperials.

Spells and questlines aren't cosmetic. Races are debatable. Depends on whether there are racials or other perks of any kind. In this situation, they're the only race that can choose their faction, so yeah, I'm against what ZENIMAX is doing with this. My whole post was about wolfenstien's CE, I wasn't even aware of what's going on with ESO. (I think I'll rock with FFXIV) I only know that bethesda has nothing to do with the game or it's practices.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.