As long as people are interested in remakes...

#1BDJaycePosted 3/27/2014 11:10:10 PM
I think they should consider remaking the original Mass Effect. Don't have to alter the decisions or whatever but it'd be cool to see the game get a graphical overhaul with improved gameplay.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#2Jedi454Posted 3/27/2014 11:16:03 PM
Mass Effect is fine as it is, just get a PC kid.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#3uniquebadgerPosted 3/27/2014 11:27:07 PM
Mass Effect 1 really doesn't look bad at this point. And i'm afraid if they did a remake they would pull out a lot of the RPG elements like they did for 2 and 3 and just make it a 3rd person shooter.
#4BDJayce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 11:36:35 PM
Jedi454 posted...

I prefer playing on consoles. I like PC for some games but I honestly don't get the "ugh, just get a PC."
Also i'm 30 years old.. i'm long past being belittled with phrases like "kid".

uniquebadger posted...
Mass Effect 1 really doesn't look bad at this point. And i'm afraid if they did a remake they would pull out a lot of the RPG elements like they did for 2 and 3 and just make it a 3rd person shooter.

Depends what you mean by "RPG" elements. Mass Effect 1 was one clutter after another. The inventory was clunky and filled with the same 5 items and by definition so was the equipment screen. I got a good piece of armor and didn't take it off until my second playthrough.. and once you got X class spectre weapons and Colossus X armor for everybody there was no reason to ever visit the equipment or upgrade screen again unless it was to convert excess into omni-gel.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#5uniquebadgerPosted 3/27/2014 11:39:40 PM
I actually liked having choices of armor though. Unlike 2 and 3 it felt like you lost a lot of what made your party members feel like your characters. Choices are good. Plus the scanning game in 3 was just lame. But they could have done a better job of giving armor peices pros and cons instead of funneling you into one armor set.
#6da_StoOgePosted 3/27/2014 11:45:24 PM
The original has one of the worst framerates I've ever seen, so id be up for a remake.

Every single piece of DLC included or busy though. I'm not buying half a series again like they tried to do with the trilogy release a while back. The beginning of ME3 doesn't even make sense without the DLC from ME2.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#7omega1110Posted 3/28/2014 7:19:53 AM
BDJayce posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I prefer playing on consoles. I like PC for some games but I honestly don't get the "ugh, just get a PC."

Right on! I get tired of seeing that phrase and variations of it too. I tried the whole PC gaming thing for awhile, but I constantly found myself getting control pads, so one day I just kinda asked myself why not just stick to consoles?! Strategy games like Starcraft was my last holdout of PC gaming but when they came out with some decent ones for Xbox 360 that put the nail in the coffin.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#8chex81Posted 3/28/2014 7:29:40 AM
If they release a remastered Mass Effect trilogy ill buy it day 1...it is one of the VERY FEW remakes id actually buy, the only trilogy i'll buy.
---
XB1/WiiU/PSN: chex81
You are ignoring 4 topic(s) from users on this page.
#9Jedi454Posted 3/28/2014 7:34:25 AM
omega1110 posted...
BDJayce posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Right on! I get tired of seeing that phrase and variations of it too. I tried the whole PC gaming thing for awhile, but I constantly found myself getting control pads, so one day I just kinda asked myself why not just stick to consoles?! Strategy games like Starcraft was my last holdout of PC gaming but when they came out with some decent ones for Xbox 360 that put the nail in the coffin.

I was actually just joking when I said that. I think Bioware's resources are better spent on new games in my opinion though.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#10Jiggy101011Posted 3/28/2014 7:36:29 AM
BDJayce posted...
I think they should consider remaking the original Mass Effect. Don't have to alter the decisions or whatever but it'd be cool to see the game get a graphical overhaul with improved gameplay.

So I'm a bit confused, you want a graphical update only? Or do you want the combat and inventory system to be more like 3s also?

I am recently replaying the series and after finishing ME1 last month I have to say the game still looks and plays great.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.