Kinect for Windows v2.

#1CaIiber345Posted 3/27/2014 11:59:28 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/28/5556450/microsoft-reveals-kinect-for-windows-v2-design-getting-closer-and

Wait... What? A separate Kinect just for Windows and PC?

GUFFAW!
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#2Apex-PlayerPosted 3/28/2014 12:09:44 AM
If they bring this over from PC and decide to make you upgrade your Kinect yearly on xboxone, just lolz.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/28/2014 12:18:03 AM
it seems like the kinect is never going to stop improving.
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 3/28/2014 12:23:51 AM(edited)
Which is good for people who want it.
Although not even 6 months in and the xboxone version is outdated.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5Tyronelio1Posted 3/28/2014 12:27:26 AM
Troll_Directory posted...

Innovation and improving is what we need these days man!

Not the exact same console with just a power advantage. >.>
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#6CaIiber345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 12:30:42 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

I don't see how cable television, Skype, and turning my Xbox on with my voice are innovating and improving video games...

Oh, wait. They're not.
---
#7Tyronelio1Posted 3/28/2014 12:32:10 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I don't see how cable television, Skype, and turning my Xbox on with my voice are innovating and improving video games...

Oh, wait. They're not.

It's not all about the games man, the experience you have with your console is also important! Unless you just purely wants games and nothing else at all.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/28/2014 12:43:39 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Which is good for people who want it.
Although not even 6 months in and the xboxone version is outdated.
huh? this is the same thing as the xo version. the improvement, is that they made a version that works with pc and has its own power source. the xo version isn't outdated. it's ahead.
#9CaIiber345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 12:46:02 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Oh, wait. They're not.

It's not all about the games man, the experience you have with your console is also important! Unless you just purely wants games and nothing else at all.

Right. That is all I want. And I'm not alone. I don't use my console for anything else. I have a TV, PC, tablet, and smartphone for media. Aside from the odd DVD, I only use my console for video games.

For the people that are on a tight budget and get immense value out of a device that consolidates their media consumption, I make an exception. And even then, Kinect still only brings voice commands and Skype to the table. But the gaming community wants a dedicated gaming console first, and a media device second. Having optional features is great and doesn't bother people. Sticking a camera in the box and adding $100 to the cost has turned a lot of people away. And people that were Xbox 360 customers at that.

If you like the Kinect and get value and entertainment out of it, that's great. I don't argue that people do get value and entertainment out of it. I do argue that it's always going to be a niche gimmick peripheral that the hipsters and middle-aged corporate shirts at Microsoft think is the next Wii, and mostly targets the technophiles who want the distinction of having whatever they think is the next big thing. I argue that it isn't going to do anything revolutionary for gaming except attract zombies when your kid sneezes. A few games will go beyond that, but it's funny how the console launched and you'd think they'd have something huge on day one featuring Kinect.

They didn't.
---
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/28/2014 12:51:42 AM
^ xbox one = kinectbox

we all knew this. even before launch. so, even before paying $. therefore, even before complaining about it now. sorry to break the news.