My opinion? Microsoft is too overt.

#11BSerenityPosted 3/28/2014 6:37:24 AM
HellsController posted...
Damn you're pretentious for a guy posting on a video game board.

Oh how I love Sigma topics, lol. Don't even engage with him directly and he acts as if you are attacking him. Overly defensive for nothing.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#12Jiggy101011Posted 3/28/2014 6:50:35 AM

I don't think you know what pretentious means.... where in the OP was the TC pretentious?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#13HellsControllerPosted 3/28/2014 6:55:42 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

I don't think you know what pretentious means.... where in the OP was the TC pretentious?

Read his second post?
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 3/28/2014 6:57:04 AM
It's good to have you back, Sigma.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#15BSerenityPosted 3/28/2014 6:59:57 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...

I agree. He just needs to stop with the victim card when there was no attack either overtly or covertly.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#16Jedi454Posted 3/28/2014 7:00:21 AM
Interesting topic, fortunately i'm just a guy that likes playing video games. I don't really care about the business tactics or sales strategies a company do, unless it is done in a negative way. E.g EA forcing DICE to release Battlefield 4 out the door in time to compete with CoD Ghosts.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#17Jiggy101011Posted 3/28/2014 7:08:15 AM(edited)
SigmaLongshot posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
reading that, i was reminded of my youth, looking at the softly rendered paintings on videogame box covers in the store. but then, getting my eyeball caught on the corner of tv pixel # 478 when i got home. thanks for the memories, sigma. :)

I don't want to assume you missed the point, but I don't think that was quite relevant to my post.

Let me give some context. In the light of recent talks on forums about Microsoft "shooting themselves in the foot at every avenue, I thought I'd explain the iterative process Microsoft chooses to use. They release information, positive or negative regardless, at developmental milestones. Explaining DRM? Announcement. Releasing new exclusive? Announcement. Change in policy?

You get the idea.

What I'm getting at is that the counter-proposal is that they "be more like Sony", only Sony has the SAME ITERATIVE PROCESS, only they have no terms and conditions, internal or external, to announce whatever they don't feel is in their best interests. They can cherry-pick the good and omit the bad, they can market a game 2 weeks from release by showing a concept sketch if they wished.

This to me makes for good practice for Microsoft as a commercial entity, but terrible for customer relations as they release a slew of alterations and everyone assumes evil genius scenario.

Is this the second post you are referring to where he is pretentious? Can you point out where?

preĚtenĚtious

priˈtenCHəs/

adjective

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

He has a degree and works in the video game industry if I am not mistaken, but because he uses "big" words that doesn't make him pretentious lol. Now if you don't understand the topic that is understandable, regardless you are still trying to use a term incorrectly to describe Sigmas post.

---
#18EllesarienPosted 3/28/2014 7:19:33 AM
BSerenity posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

I agree. He just needs to stop with the victim card when there was no attack either overtly or covertly.

So after mocking him in your first post (and don't play dumb on that) you now are playing Mr Innocent eh? This has become quite the posting technique from you, Maybe take a look in that mirror first before mocking others for actually trying to make an interesting topic in this cesspool of a board.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#19Skynet82997Posted 3/28/2014 7:25:01 AM
BSerenity posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

What are you playing the victim card for then? You made a passive/aggressive smart ass post that denigrates the guy's topic - but because you didn't "attack him directly" it's somehow excuseable?

Man up - you made a wise ass comment, and he called you on it - simple as that.

Other than that, good topic Sigma. : )
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#20Jiggy101011Posted 3/28/2014 7:25:35 AM
Ellesarien posted...
BSerenity posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

So after mocking him in your first post (and don't play dumb on that) you now are playing Mr Innocent eh? This has become quite the posting technique from you, Maybe take a look in that mirror first before mocking others for actually trying to make an interesting topic in this cesspool of a board.

This is the part where BSerenity/benjimain comes back and says "so it was ok for you to troll the PS3 boards way back when but now I'm not allowed to do the same?"

Trolls have become too predictable this generation.
---