My opinion? Microsoft is too overt.

#41SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:30:07 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Microsoft honest? Lol, have you heard of them saying the cloud would give every XBOX ONE the CPU of four XBOX ONES? Show me a comparative claim that Sony made to sell the PS4; hint, you can't.

http://www.totalxbox.com/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

And, once again, Sigma gets called out on his BS.
#42Tyronelio1Posted 3/28/2014 10:40:37 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Microsoft honest? Lol, have you heard of them saying the cloud would give every XBOX ONE the CPU of four XBOX ONES? Show me a comparative claim that Sony made to sell the PS4; hint, you can't.

http://www.totalxbox.com/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

How? No one has proven that its not 4 times as powerful? No one knows the full potential.

But I guess soul trapper the Xbox guru knows that's its a lie.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#43SoulTrapperPosted 3/28/2014 10:47:37 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

How? No one has proven that its not 4 times as powerful? No one knows the full potential.

So you're saying your xbox can connect to the cloud and become 4 times as powerful right now?

Also, could anyone point out to me where Microsoft said in this video that the footage shown at this TV show wasn't going to be the final game footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_-zoEp6rU

Thanks!
#44RybalPosted 3/28/2014 11:53:09 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Until they prove that it is even AS powerful as the PS4 with a multiplat (for direct comparisons), there is no reason to expect it to be able to be four times more powerful than it is.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#45DarkHolesPosted 3/28/2014 12:06:21 PM
My opinion is your too obtuse.
---
You my friend don't just take the biscuit, you take it, eat it, then s*** back in the tin
#46CounterpwntPosted 3/28/2014 12:14:17 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Now, I have researched this quite thoroughly (even harking back to my 2006 master's degree dissertation on the modern licensing of gaming stifling new, creative IP whilst rewarding repetition).

People often ask why "they're the same internal license structure, so why would you prefer Sony over Microsoft, or vice-versa?" - well, I can actually answer that.

Originally, it was deemed common business practice to have a cruelly over-regulated licensing structure in terms of gaming. Everything from the Sega badge and Nintendo Seal of Approval meant developers had to pass strict viability tests to even see shelves. Simply put, you must develop your game 100% before Nintendo would assess the final product, and then pass judgement on that product alone if it was worth a platform release licence. Nintendo still uses this process today, which is why the console often misses sometimes no-brainer multiplatform releases.

This is called unconditional gold licensing.

Sony and Microsoft use a different licensing for content sometimes referred to as "conditional iterative licensing" because content is based on a case-by-case process. But here is where they differ - Microsoft are seen as the "sterner brother" here for a single differentiation.

Microsoft do not license products solely on proof-of-concept. Sony, however, allow this. Simply put, they can both announce and advertise content, games and features as "their final projection", but their terms and conditions mean that they must assess this content at certain milestones to ensure the quality is there. The difference is, Microsoft actively choose to adhere to their term that if something changes, that a product or service may change, or a new process, limitation or alteration is made... they announce it to the public, whilst Sony sells it's products throughout each milestones with the right to maintain the original concept or aim solely as the "goal product".

What does all this mean? Well, short version: Sony can legally sell you a game, service or product based on the initial concept alone, no matter the end result, whilst Microsoft feels personally obligated to release all milestone information based on the product or service in the state it is *at the time of writing*.

Somehow, this translates to "Microflipflop" or "Dictatorsoft" in many uninformed communities, but to me, personally, this may be a case where being too open and honest is actually detrimental to your company image despite being MORALLY correct.

What are your thoughts? Were you aware of the individual companies' licensing procedures?

My question is: How has it been detrimental to Microsoft? Being morally correct is a good thing, in my opinion.
---
Gamertag: Counterpwnt
#47Jiggy101011Posted 3/28/2014 12:14:21 PM
DarkHoles posted...
My opinion is your too obtuse.

You're*

If you are going to insult the man at least direct it towards him.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#48CaIiber345Posted 3/28/2014 12:19:45 PM
Well, I'm having a nice discussion with Sigma in a thread about Watch_Dogs, a game he states he worked on. I questioned the decision to make it multiplatform, and we are having a normal dialogue about it.

Sure, maybe some people don't like him throwing his resume around to try and show some credibility about what he is referencing, but... Should we go with Kinect topic #47,912? (I made #47, 905 last night.)
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#49BSerenityPosted 3/28/2014 5:00:20 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Well, I'm having a nice discussion with Sigma in a thread about Watch_Dogs, a game he states he worked on. I questioned the decision to make it multiplatform, and we are having a normal dialogue about it.

Sure, maybe some people don't like him throwing his resume around to try and show some credibility about what he is referencing, but... Should we go with Kinect topic #47,912? (I made #47, 905 last night.)

Why question the decision to go multiplat?
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#50cmincPosted 3/28/2014 11:34:43 PM
I disagree with your interpretation of a lot of the events you seem to be referencing, tc. Microsoft's announcements haven't backfired as of late because they're too open in regards to their policies, they've backfired because of the policies themselves. From presenting the xb1 as a tv/media center to non gamers for its first public showing, to the 'buy a 360, if you dont want to be online' fiasco all the way to 'it CANNOT function without kinect' and a number of other blunders: if ms is doing anything, it's not saying enough, quite frankly, because, for a time, there was simply nothing good to say about anything they were doing. It was microsoft's generation to lose, and they lost a big chunk of it. Not because sony only deals in half-truths that benefit them, but because ms built a machine that incorporated what THEY wanted in place of things that consumers wanted.

Also, if memory serves, there wasnt an announcement for drm until the announcement came that claimed drm was rescinded, but could later be implemented should they choose to do so. What initially came out about drm originated from an internet 'leak' --that no one wanted to believe-- that was made that much worse by ms's 'deal with it' attitude that, of course, followed their, 'yeah, but' confirmation.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |