MS will not allow cross platform play for War Thunder on the PC and XB1

#11AceviperPosted 3/28/2014 7:09:53 AM
crynryan posted...
If anything, it probably has to do with the PC version not using the same servers as the One version will. Microsoft can't guarantee what will happen on servers they don't own, so they just flat out don't allow it.

Makes sense in a way, if you think about Microsoft wanting to make damn sure they offer the best experience possible.

that doesn't explain why they allow EA games using EA servers
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#12EllesarienPosted 3/28/2014 7:10:01 AM
MS has be the only FOR-PROFIT company where clowns want them to actually do stuff to hurt themselves just to give "gamers" EXACTLY what they want.

"Why don't you lose Millions of dollars to give me the experience that I want!!!" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#13crynryanPosted 3/28/2014 7:10:08 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
skermac posted...
crynryan posted...
If anything, it probably has to do with the PC version not using the same servers as the One version will. Microsoft can't guarantee what will happen on servers they don't own, so they just flat out don't allow it.

Makes sense in a way, if you think about Microsoft wanting to make damn sure they offer the best experience possible.

Whats wrong with MS providing servers for XB1 use on this game? We don't have enough games as it is and this is an example of MS not seeming to care.

if you want cross platform games than Xbox couldn't provide the servers or else the PC people wouldn't be able to play on them. Do you see how that works? I told you MS wants to ensure their customers have the best possibly experience, if that can't be assured with a crossplatform game than it is what it is.

Titanfall PC runs off of Live's servers. The data being sent to the One version is probably the exact same (maybe with some minor console specific data) as the data being sent to the PC version. It's all about whether Microsoft allows them to.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#14crynryanPosted 3/28/2014 7:11:04 AM
Aceviper posted...
crynryan posted...

Because EA won't publish games on a console that they can't use their own servers for. It's why they're able to shut down servers for the previous games and force people to buy the newer ones to keep playing.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#15MonicasBackPosted 3/28/2014 8:36:52 AM
Probably the same reason Sony isn't.

But hey, war thunder is garbage anyways.
---
Monicaaa
#16KolanifvPosted 3/28/2014 8:38:36 AM
Microsoft doesn't generally allow MMO developers the kind of access to servers and timely ability to patch that they need to keep them running and updated. It's why Vanguard was sold back to Sony and Age of Conan was cancelled for 360. I'm assuming that ESO is only getting past it because it's Bethesda, much like FFXI only got past it because Microsoft was desperate for anything with the Final Fantasy brand on it.
#17XTV1-LoLPosted 3/28/2014 8:38:43 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Probably the same reason Sony isn't.

But hey, war thunder is garbage anyways.

War Thunder is fun for people who know how to play.

And thank the heavens that Sony is allowing cross-platform play. Not that we ever had any doubt.
#18TreGoodaPosted 3/28/2014 8:40:08 AM
Aceviper posted...
crynryan posted...

There were years of negotiations for this to happen.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#19MonicasBackPosted 3/28/2014 8:40:32 AM
No its garbage

This is coming from someone with over 20 premium planes and max level in two countries.
---
Monicaaa
#20LEGEND_725Posted 3/28/2014 10:27:59 AM
ESO needs cross platform play
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you