Over 700 Kinect 2.0s on ebay right now

#11GeistPosted 3/28/2014 11:17:15 AM
There are over 1200 PS4s on Ebay right now...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#12chedibang1994Posted 3/28/2014 11:19:28 AM
Geist posted...

You mean the camera right?
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
#13DarthUchiha91Posted 3/28/2014 11:23:08 AM
That is silly. The only people who would buy the kinect are those who has an x-1. But those who do already has a kinect since it's mandatory with purchase, and for those who have an x-1 without kinect most likely isn't interested in buying one.

Unless they somehow bought one without kinect with a very reduced price and is looking to buy a kinect for a reduced price as well to ultimately save money.
---
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
#14TheGam3925Posted 3/28/2014 11:30:26 AM
Apex-Player posted...
I'd like MS to do some updated statistics.
Miles driven in Forza,
Zombies killed in Dead Rising 3,
Titans that have landed,
Kinects disconnected,
Hard reboots from the community,
Etc.

Really just the number of Kinects disconnected, or never registered would be best.
The whole reason to package it was to give developers a reason to work with it.
I wonder if they give that information to developers, like '20% have never plugged theirs in'
Or if it's just speculation on their part with MS saying 100% attach rate guaranteed, everyone uses it.

Hard reboots from the community lol.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#15Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/28/2014 11:34:09 AM
Quote:That is silly. The only people who would buy the kinect are those who has an x-1.But those who do already has a kinect since it's mandatory with purchase, and for those who have an x-1 without kinect most likely isn't interested in buying one.

Unless they somehow bought one without kinect with a very reduced price and is looking to buy a kinect for a reduced price as well to ultimately save money.

@DarthUchiha91

Absolutely wrong. A lot of computer programmers are buying them. I obviously can't say as a fact but I would be willing to bet that the majority of people buying just the kinect on eBay are computer programmers and not people buying them for their xbox.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#16DarthUchiha91Posted 3/28/2014 11:36:21 AM
Shadow_Zujed posted...
Quote:That is silly. The only people who would buy the kinect are those who has an x-1.But those who do already has a kinect since it's mandatory with purchase, and for those who have an x-1 without kinect most likely isn't interested in buying one.

@DarthUchiha91

Absolutely wrong. A lot of computer programmers are buying them. I obviously can't say as a fact but I would be willing to bet that the majority of people buying just the kinect on eBay are computer programmers and not people buying them for their xbox.

*shrugs*
I'll just take your word for it.
---
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
#17TrickyPonyPosted 3/28/2014 11:36:35 AM
Shadow_Zujed posted...

@DarthUchiha91

This. Youtube has a number of tech geeks using Kinect for remote control projects that look really cool. With Kinect 2.0 I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do with it..
#18Sith JediPosted 3/28/2014 11:46:29 AM
Plenty of non-gaming uses for the Kinect. I considered selling mine but the voice commands turned out to be more useful than expected.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#19CKnightPosted 3/28/2014 12:06:16 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
Geist posted...

You mean the camera right?

Consoles. Theres also over 800 X1's being sold.

PS4's have been on ebay for under $500 for awhile now. Which is why I never understood why people feel they can't get one and claim they're sold out until March.

The Ebay prices never reflected the demand people claimed.
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#20shads3055Posted 3/28/2014 12:09:45 PM
why would u sell kinect. i know its stupid to have and motion gaming is dumb stand up and pretened to climb or shoot something. lame. but why sell it. only thing i used kinect for is to turn on xbox with my voice and tell it to sign in and watch tv. the rest i used the controler