Over 700 Kinect 2.0s on ebay right now

#41TenzhiPosted 3/28/2014 9:36:37 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
So let's extrapolate from that, just to be generous... over 4 million Xbones, and a few thousand tryhards at most sold off their Kinect. So much for "most consumers don't want Kinect". Seems like not only do most want to hang onto theirs despite the option to make money by selling it, but there are even people willing to buy the separated ones people are selling. MS 1, haters 0

I don't sell stuff to individuals, generally speaking. If Gamestop would take the Kinect 2.0 for trade-in credit, I'd go that route for getting rid of the device. As it is, it will likely end up in the back of a closet or something.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#42TreGoodaPosted 3/29/2014 7:53:24 AM
Tenzhi posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
So let's extrapolate from that, just to be generous... over 4 million Xbones, and a few thousand tryhards at most sold off their Kinect. So much for "most consumers don't want Kinect". Seems like not only do most want to hang onto theirs despite the option to make money by selling it, but there are even people willing to buy the separated ones people are selling. MS 1, haters 0

I don't sell stuff to individuals, generally speaking. If Gamestop would take the Kinect 2.0 for trade-in credit, I'd go that route for getting rid of the device. As it is, it will likely end up in the back of a closet or something.

Or you could just stop being stubborn and use it. I really doubt you won't grow to like it once you actually use it for a few weeks.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#43TenzhiPosted 4/2/2014 10:15:27 PM
TreGooda posted...
Or you could just stop being stubborn and use it. I really doubt you won't grow to like it once you actually use it for a few weeks.

I abhor both gesture/motion controls and voice commands. It does not matter how well (or poorly) the device does those things, because I intrinsically hate them.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.