Games that totally surprised you good or bad

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/28/2014 12:44:13 PM
Dead rising three really surprised me.. In a great great way.. I didn't like the first two in the series and I don't really care for open world games... But something about dead rising three totally captures me it's got a great atmosphere A+
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2LEGEND_725Posted 3/28/2014 12:45:31 PM
Plants vs zombies
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#3gohoanqPosted 3/28/2014 12:56:25 PM
Plants vs Zombies for surprisingly good and Titanfall for disappointing me.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#4Sith JediPosted 3/28/2014 1:03:48 PM
Not this gen but Arkham Asylum surprised me. I saw the good reviews but still bought it expecting another generic super hero game...And I was blown away by how good it was. I almost never repay SP games but that and AC I immediately restarted after the credits.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 3/28/2014 1:11:54 PM
Thief - So much hate, one of my most played games this gen.

Ninja Gaiden - Went to a party house everyday after school, host was always playing it and never let anyone touch the controller. By just watching it, it never screamed great game just seemed very repetitive. Once I got the OG xbox I bought it and was instantly hooked, difficulty was fantastic and replay value was outstanding.

Other end of the spectrum,

Halo - as a huge single player guy, buying the set of Halos (123) and playing through the story left me with a feeling of wow over hyped. Probably more then any game has to this day. I understood MP being the focus as everyone was playing it online or 4 player splitscreen at the time, just never hooked me like that as i'm not a huge fps fan and the story felt weak.

Assassins Creed - loved the open world, way to repetitive.

Adding, i'm not going to bicker over Halo, i'm aware of the army of fans, I just don't like it and the hype it accumulates is fine that was only my opinion.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6LEGEND_725Posted 3/28/2014 1:18:41 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Thief - So much hate, one of my most played games this gen.

Ninja Gaiden - Went to a party house everyday after school, host was always playing it and never let anyone touch the controller. By just watching it, it never screamed great game just seemed very repetitive. Once I got the OG xbox I bought it and was instantly hooked, difficulty was fantastic and replay value was outstanding.

Other end of the spectrum,

Halo - as a huge single player guy, buying the set of Halos (123) and playing through the story left me with a feeling of wow over hyped. Probably more then any game has to this day. I understood MP being the focus as everyone was playing it online or 4 player splitscreen at the time, just never hooked me like that as i'm not a huge fps fan and the story felt weak.

Assassins Creed - loved the open world, way to repetitive.

Adding, i'm not going to bicker over Halo, i'm aware of the army of fans, I just don't like it and the hype it accumulates is fine that was only my opinion.

Yeah you rushing through halo on easy/normal with one eye open probably caused you to miss the story plus lack of knowledge of background lore
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#7mokmuudPosted 3/28/2014 1:19:47 PM
Ryse
I was really excited for this until I played it.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8Apex-PlayerPosted 3/28/2014 1:25:15 PM
Not going to bicker over Halo. I always play my games on the hardest setting available. I shouldn't need 'knowledge of background lore' to appreciate the game, the campaign should bring that to the table to begin with.

AbOmI-NaTioN
JeDi_MiNd_sKiLLz
Two accounts I have platinumed Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on, try carrying a n00b through those online challenges and then question my skill level again.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#9LEGEND_725Posted 3/28/2014 1:27:07 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Not going to bicker over Halo. I always play my games on the hardest setting available. I shouldn't need 'knowledge of background lore' to appreciate the game, the campaign should bring that to the table to begin with.

AbOmI-NaTioN
JeDi_MiNd_sKiLLz
Two accounts I have platinumed Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on, try carrying a n00b through those online challenges and then question my skill level again.

"Not gonna bicker over halo" *posts 2 paragraphs of defense"

No thanks
---
#10DarthUchiha91Posted 3/28/2014 1:28:37 PM
Good: Warframe, KI, DR3
Bad: Titanfall, BF4
---
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.