Sales matter

#1Hierarchy225Posted 3/28/2014 7:45:42 PM(edited)
People who act like sales don't matter are just as annoying as those who make a huge deal out of sales.

The Sega Dreamcast a superior system(imo) to the PS2 flopped because of sales. Sticking your fingers in your ears, and covering your eyes whenever news of the PS4 selling more/selling more copies of multiplats isn't going to change reality.

Also we all know that if the Xbone was doing better than the PS4 you would would be holding it over the heads of PS4 owners all day, everyday.
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870 / Ice Safari: Snorunt, Bergminte, Dewgong
#2fizzle2222Posted 3/28/2014 7:43:20 PM
okay
#3Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 7:45:10 PM
fizzle2222 posted...
okay

So you agree? Glad that's settled.
---
#4fizzle2222Posted 3/28/2014 7:45:46 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
fizzle2222 posted...
okay

So you agree? Glad that's settled.

okay
#5BTM4444Posted 3/28/2014 7:49:07 PM
Sales don't matter in this case because both consoles are doing great.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#6Peter7656Posted 3/28/2014 7:49:45 PM
You're absolutely right. Sales do matter. What doesn't matter is which platform sells more. As long as both Sony and Microsoft sell a good amount of consoles, which they're both doing a good job of already, there's nothing to worry about. Being #2 is fine. It won't change anything.

The Ps4 has a sizeable lead over the X1, yet all third parties are releasing their games for both. I wonder why? Maybe because there's plenty of money to be made on both consoles.

Why can't we all just sit back and enjoy these awesome consoles instead of worrying about sales? That's Sony and Microsoft's job.
#7Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 7:52:57 PM(edited)
BTM4444 posted...

What does "great" mean? I see your exact sentence getting thrown around on this board all the time, but no one has specified what the meant.

PS4 is Xbones main competition, and has a much larger lead in sales, and has had considerably better press, and reception.

What is the Xbox One doing thats great?

Peter7656 posted...

Why can't we all just sit back and enjoy these awesome consoles instead of worrying about sales? That's Sony and Microsoft's job.

You make a good point, but its fun to speculate sometimes.
---
#8towlie_420Posted 3/28/2014 7:58:45 PM
People act like the X1 is the new dreamcast. The playstaion 4 is breaking records as far a sales go, yes. Wii madness is the only comparison in recent years. The X1 is selling fantastic when you look at 6 month sales comparisons from previous generations, Just not the way PS4 is. The PS4 has had a banner launch congrats, that does not mean that X1 is doomed.
---
xboxGT MaGee911
PSN magee911
#9BTM4444Posted 3/28/2014 8:01:48 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
BTM4444 posted...

What does "great" mean? I see your exact sentence getting thrown around on this board all the time, but no one has specified what the meant.

PS4 is Xbones main competition, and has a much larger lead in sales, and has had considerably better press, and reception.

What is the Xbox One doing thats great?

Peter7656 posted...

You make a good point, but its fun to speculate sometimes.

It's not like the sales difference is ps4 versus wii u. Both are the fastest selling consoles of all time.

It's not like the xbox one is flopping like the wii u.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#10Tyronelio1Posted 3/28/2014 8:09:52 PM
But they don't matter to anyone other than the publishers/developers and hardware makers so why bring them up like they matter to the consumer for?
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.