Sales matter

#31foundryGodPosted 3/29/2014 2:14:01 AM
I own an xb1 and plan to get a ps4. As a gamer, I can't see limiting my library to just one console. By the way, aren't both of them setting sales records in their own right? Side note, Dreamcast started the best NFL series with NFL 2K. IMO. Too bad EA screwed them out of it.
#32B1GB0SS_86Posted 3/29/2014 2:21:09 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
People who act like sales don't matter are just as annoying as those who make a huge deal out of sales.

The Sega Dreamcast a superior system(imo) to the PS2 flopped because of sales. Sticking your fingers in your ears, and covering your eyes whenever news of the PS4 selling more/selling more copies of multiplats isn't going to change reality.

Also we all know that if the Xbone was doing better than the PS4 you would would be holding it over the heads of PS4 owners all day, everyday.

Sega was in debt thats why they stopped making dreamcast. Before that they released the sega cd, 32x and sega saturn and none of the 3 did well and they lost alot of money because of that.
#33Rdeal2Posted 3/29/2014 3:02:36 AM(edited)
The Dreamcast failed because it was too easy to pirate the games so no one would makes games for it anymore so sega had to discontinue it because they make their money from software and not the hardware
#34NeoMonkPosted 3/29/2014 3:04:17 AM
Can people stop bringing up the Dreamcast like it was this huge great hidden secret....
People MOCKED the controller then... as they do now.
Remember the VMU? Yeah me neither, but it was called a poke radar.
Google that if you're unaware what those were... how about Tamogotchi? yeah... that too

The Dreamcast died not for lack of 3rd party support
Not for a silly controller & not even for how horrible sega was leaing to it's release
ditching their previous 3 attempts at a console midway because of lack of sales...

NO NO NO

It died because it's laughable disc security.
You could buy bootlegs on ebay for $3
Back when even ebay didn't care about piracy things... Yeah...
Try to talk about everything else and it's dismissed by the horrendous sales
some games had because you could simply just get them for nothing without the need
of any 3rd party "app" or apparatus connected to your console. And yes you could get online
and no you weren't being banned for it... That's just facts.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#35WartPig_Posted 3/29/2014 3:10:02 AM
^lol no.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#36NeoMonkPosted 3/29/2014 3:14:45 AM
WartPig_ posted...
^lol no.
lol denial? nothing i said is inaccurate, google it if you must the facts are all there.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#37B1GB0SS_86Posted 3/29/2014 3:32:57 AM
Rdeal2 posted...
The Dreamcast failed because it was too easy to pirate the games so no one would makes games for it anymore so sega had to discontinue it because they make their money from software and not the hardware

This is also true. I had most of my dreamcast games on burnt cds.
#38dray3214Posted 3/29/2014 5:26:46 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
People who act like sales don't matter are just as annoying as those who make a huge deal out of sales.

The Sega Dreamcast a superior system(imo) to the PS2 flopped because of sales. Sticking your fingers in your ears, and covering your eyes whenever news of the PS4 selling more/selling more copies of multiplats isn't going to change reality.

Also we all know that if the Xbone was doing better than the PS4 you would would be holding it over the heads of PS4 owners all day, everyday.

quit taking the whole console war thing so seriously, both consoles are selling great. Im guessing you're a little kid if you think xbox ones sales are bad enough to fail. Selling 4+ million consoles in as many months isn't failing, plain and simple.