I'm not going to lie, Microsoft do need up their game with Exclusives.

#21nb003_99Posted 3/29/2014 1:02:58 AM
Who needs context to quote Hentaidoji?
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#22TenzhiPosted 3/29/2014 1:26:12 AM
I don't care about whether games are exclusive, but I'd certainly like to see more games on the release list that I'm interested in. The year is looking pretty grim to me.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#23Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 1:36:47 AM
Tenzhi posted...
I don't care about whether games are exclusive, but I'd certainly like to see more games on the release list that I'm interested in. The year is looking pretty grim to me.

I'm interested in a lot of games in general, but this first half of the year is looking bone dry. I think i'll get Wolfenstein and maybe Watch Dogs.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#24chex81Posted 3/29/2014 2:48:37 AM
e3?
---
XB1/WiiU/PSN: chex81
You are ignoring 4 topic(s) from users on this page.
#25BarneyBoscoPosted 3/29/2014 3:01:17 AM
LEGEND you really need to stay off drugs.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#26DelkuraPosted 3/29/2014 3:11:07 AM
Microsoft invested $1 bil into the development of exclusive games, over twice that of Sony and Nintendo.
#27BoxTheMuppetPosted 3/29/2014 3:17:14 AM
Delkura posted...
Microsoft invested $1 bil into the development of exclusive games, over twice that of Sony and Nintendo.

This place has no use for your "facts"...be gone with you.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#28todd_360Posted 3/29/2014 3:52:52 AM(edited)
I think/hope Microsoft learned their lesson from the last generation. Things pretty much began the same way as they are now with the 360 having more exclusives and the PS3 having no games as everyone was fond of saying. But then if you look at the games out over the latter parts of the console's lives the 360 had less than half the amount of exclusives that the PS3 had. They started out strong but eventually lost their focus to Kinect games of which there also wasn't many. Hopefully the news that they spent such a significant amount of money on exclusives this time around means they're aware of this and are aiming to correct it, otherwise they'll just do what they did before. Blow their load early and then keep making terrible games for the Kinect in an attempt to get use out of it and lose focus on exclusive titles again.

http://i.imgur.com/tudLwfQ.jpg

This list was floating around a lot near the end of last year. The left columns for each console are regular games and the right columns are Kinect/Move titles. It's pretty clear to see the 360 was a disaster for exclusives in 2013 and all of Microsoft's energy was being pored into the Kinect whereas Sony kept their focus on the retail games. I'm sure Microsoft is aware of this and will aim to correct it, at least partially. But they have their work cut out for them.

---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
#29lunchbox2042Posted 3/29/2014 3:55:59 AM
Delkura posted...

It costs more to buy exclusive contracts with third party publishers than it does to have your own in house development studios.
#30tadmfpolePosted 3/29/2014 4:04:43 AM
MS needs some fresh new exclusives. Titanfall is a good start but the multiplayer FPS genre really is getting a bit stale, for me at least. Same can be said for all the consoles though. The best sequels I have played recently are Rayman Legends and Diablo 3, both out****ingstanding titles. The new gen has barely even started so we can't say much about lack of new titles yet, but I wouldn't mind at least hearing about some in the works.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned