Crippling Waits: YOUR most painful wait for a game!

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 3/29/2014 12:00:11 AM
We always talk about developmental time increase, that games take longer and longer to make, that the cost more and more - as a generalisation.

But name the pain, people! What was YOUR most painful, excruciating wait for a game, and why?

Did you see a screenshot that made you salivate, or play a previous game that didn't conclude, making you hunger for resolution?

For me, it's a tie between Sonic 3 and Shenmue 2. The former because a Sega magazine showed this cool new character named "Knuckles" that beat Sonic up to take the Chaos Emeralds - such a cool antagonist made me desperate for a new Sonic. I played Sonic 2 to completion maybe fifty-plus times.

The latter game because the story was so gripping, and I actually thought the fourth disc was more story, not the passport bonus disc. You should've seen my face when I went to swap discs!

What is YOUR most crippling, painful game wait? And does this contemporary increase in development time make you even more impatient? Let us know here!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 12:10:52 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3.

Bulletstorm 2.

Homefront 2.

The last guardian.

Rugby 20** since ea cancelled it with rugby 2008 I've been dying for a good one.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#3LatchKeyKidPosted 3/29/2014 12:15:42 AM
Mass Effect 3.

Now a good reminder for me that maybe waiting an extra year or 3 wouldn't be so bad.
#4Jedi454Posted 3/29/2014 12:15:43 AM
Star Wars KOTOR 3, no question. :(
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#5TigercmlPosted 3/29/2014 12:18:12 AM
I'm still waiting for Shenmue 3 and Starcraft: Ghost. I haven't given up hope yet.

As for a game that was actually released. Shenmue 2. Shenmue 2 was the reason I bought the original Xbox.
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!
#6SunDevil77Posted 3/29/2014 12:20:46 AM
The wait for Starcraft 2 was pretty bad.
Each Super Smash game is probably the worst though, especially since they started doing the Dojo during pre-launch
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7aszsithPosted 3/29/2014 12:22:57 AM
Watch Dogs was the reason I wanted to jump on the next gen bandwagon at launch, so that getting delayed has definitely made the wait a little tough.

However, I've been waiting for Star Wars Battlefront III for years now. Also, the wait for both Arkham Knight and Shadow of Mordor is going to be tough since the trailers debuted.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#8tadmfpolePosted 3/29/2014 3:53:41 AM
Darkstalkers on PS1. Took forever to finally release and by the time it did the Saturn had Night Warriors which was much better. Super Punch Out on the Wii virtual console took waaaaaaaaaaay longer than it should have as well.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#9robert_rangersuPosted 3/29/2014 3:56:33 AM
I need TPP im my life NOW.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#10richboy900Posted 3/29/2014 4:02:52 AM
Gran Turismo 5, the wait for that went on forever. Then when the game came out it was a disappointment. It wasn't a bad game but after 7 years I expected more. Turn 10 produced a better game in 2 to 3 years (forza), makes you wonder what polyphony digital were doing.