Performance Gap Between Xbox One and PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator

#101BeefEasterPosted 4/10/2014 2:03:25 AM
I think TC left out a key word in the topic title
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#102InjusticeRebornPosted 4/10/2014 2:22:01 AM
FriedLemon posted...
Horridhal posted...
So, according to this thread, downloading DirectX 12 will make my 7 year old computer the equivalent of one built today.

Sorry TC, doesn't work like that. Also, there seems to be this assumption that Sony isn't going to further optimize their own system.

This entire thread is a joke.

What happened to the lemon who had a meltdown about each person having to say their own piece about why they disagree with an article, instead of just blindly debunking it?

Beef - ',Wii U' the missing key word?
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#103BeefEasterPosted 4/10/2014 2:24:28 AM
no, the word missing is "not"

the actual article says the gap will NOT disappear
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#104FriedLemonPosted 4/10/2014 2:35:03 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...
FriedLemon posted...
Horridhal posted...
So, according to this thread, downloading DirectX 12 will make my 7 year old computer the equivalent of one built today.

Sorry TC, doesn't work like that. Also, there seems to be this assumption that Sony isn't going to further optimize their own system.

This entire thread is a joke.

What happened to the lemon who had a meltdown about each person having to say their own piece about why they disagree with an article, instead of just blindly debunking it?

Beef - ',Wii U' the missing key word?

Meltdown? I think you need to read through that topic again. Oh wait, I forgot you lack reading comprehension like you proved in the previous topic.

Horridhal posted...
This. Thank you for finding this btw, lemon. I hadn't noticed he had posted a response.

No problem, I was just waiting to see if he would still claim noone said it when it's right there for everyone to see.
#105HorridhalPosted 4/10/2014 4:07:11 AM
FriedLemon posted...

Horridhal posted...
This. Thank you for finding this btw, lemon. I hadn't noticed he had posted a response.

No problem, I was just waiting to see if he would still claim noone said it when it's right there for everyone to see.

I'm sure that, somehow, he will try to make it seem like that isn't what he is saying. Fanboys, gotta love them.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#106InjusticeRebornPosted 4/10/2014 5:12:24 AM
FriedLemon posted...

Meltdown? I think you need to read through that topic again. Oh wait, I forgot you lack reading comprehension like you proved in the previous topic.

Okay, dodging again. Got'cha. :)
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#107FriedLemonPosted 4/10/2014 7:02:12 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
FriedLemon posted...

Okay, dodging again. Got'cha. :)

Okay, rhetoric again. Got'cha. :)
#108Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:34:48 AM
Horridhal posted...

Me saying that weaker hardware can be made better through software updates is not the same as saying "downloading DirectX 12 will make my 7 year old computer the equivalent of one built today". You exaggerated and were proven wrong, that quote doesn't help you.

Ragnarokxv posted...
If your argument is that over time developers will learn to push the ONE further in terms of performance, it would also mean the same for the PS4.

If that's what you think the argument is, then you didn't read everything.

Horridhal posted...
Exactly. Either way his argument is flawed and he probably won't admit it.

Why would I admit I'm wrong when I'm not? And you have yet to provide so much as a link for any of your nonsense, all of which was based of a false pretense in the first place. You just keep digging yourself deeper, and calling my argument flawed isn't going to save you.

Horridhal posted...
Either he is saying you can download hardware

Nope, still haven't said that.

Horridhal posted...
Or he is saying the X1 will be optimized while neglecting to factor in the ps4 being optimized.

And I didn't say that either. No matter how many times you post it, it won't magically become true. What I did say is that there's a possibility the X1's rate of optimization will be faster than the PS4's because of DirectX 12, the cloud, the GPU increase, and devs becoming more familiar with ESRAM, all of which I've provided proof for in this topic. What's truly idiotic here is that since you have no real argument to stand on, you have to keep fabricating things I said to make yourself correct. And stop trying to wrangle other posters into the discussion by quoting them, it looks desperate and shameful.
#109Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:35:16 AM
FriedLemon posted...

Oh you must be talking about that quote of mine you posted that says nothing close to the ridiculous claim he originally made. Yea, that didn't prove anything. But nice try again with the quotes, you've posted yet another useless thing in this topic.

Horridhal posted...
I'm sure that, somehow, he will try to make it seem like that isn't what he is saying. Fanboys, gotta love them.

The sad thing is, I don't even have to try. You made yourself look stupid all on your own, when you made that garbage post about the 7 year old computer and then tried to claim you were paraphrasing. And lol at calling me the fanboy, this entire board stinks of your nonsense and uninvited opinions.
#110HorridhalPosted 4/11/2014 12:41:33 AM(edited)
Exactly as suspected. "I said it, but not really."

Since you want a quote with a source, here is one from an MS exec(they tell you right from wrong, don't forget) downplaying the exact crap you are trying to shovel :

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2014/3/20/5530420/microsoft-claims-directx-12-will-improve-xbox-one-games-wont-require

When we spoke to Microsoft's Anuj Gosalia after the announcement, though, he downplayed the importance of DX12 for Xbox One titles. The Xbox One and PS4 have difficulty running the latest games at 1080p resolution, and Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that or offer any particular new graphical effects.

Just sad. I'm done with you kiddo, you aren't even entertaining.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.