Performance Gap Between Xbox One and PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator

#121FriedLemonPosted 4/11/2014 3:16:40 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
FriedLemon posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2014/032614-windows-phones-to-get-better-280114.html

Holy ****! I gotta get me a Windows Phone now!

If you want the worst selection of apps, go for it.

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/NetApplications-mobile-web-share-Q12013-pie-chart.jpg

You're giving Windows Phone too much credit. It looks more like this:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8&qpcustomd=1

So...not even 1%....but...but...DX12 and Titanfall on mah phone.... :(
#122Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 10:34:16 AM
FriedLemon posted...

I don't know why you keep doing all this quoting nonsense instead of making a real argument but it's still not proving anything. That was the exact title of the article, I just copy and pasted it. If you're mad about what it said, talk to the Oddworld creator.

1nternationa7 posted...
By the logic of this topic, soon I'll be able to play Titanfall on my Windows Phone. Can't Wait!!!

And despite your trollish sarcasm, you probably will one day... far into the future of course. I can't wait either!!!
#123FriedLemonPosted 4/11/2014 5:56:40 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
You've already seen it, Ryse released 4 months ago. If they can do that with an exclusive, that just means the hardware is more difficult to develop for when you're having to focus on multiple systems, and things will eventually even out. Like the guy said in the article.

Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Weaker hardware won't become better hardware through software updates.

You and I both know that isn't true.

Horridhal posted...
Exactly as suspected. "I said it, but not really."
#124SoulTrapperPosted 4/11/2014 11:14:54 PM
Sin_Angelus_, you've been proven wrong dozens of times already.

Let it go, the xbox will never have better hardware and the cloud or DX12 won't make it better than the ps4, either.

This article explains why the cloud won't change anything graphically:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software. Yet based on what we've been told, the firm itself isn't sure of what uses to put it to, while the limitations of latency and bandwidth severely impede the benefits of all that computing power.

And this article, which has already, been posted 5 times or so, has Microsoft themselves saying DX12 won't change anything for the xbox one:

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2014/3/20/5530420/microsoft-claims-directx-12-will-improve-xbox-one-games-wont-require

When we spoke to Microsoft's Anuj Gosalia after the announcement, though, he downplayed the importance of DX12 for Xbox One titles. The Xbox One and PS4 have difficulty running the latest games at 1080p resolution, and Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that or offer any particular new graphical effects.
#125Shinobi120Posted 4/11/2014 11:35:43 PM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...
LMFAO there are people that think Xbox 360 was more powerful than PS3?

Definitely. They always thought that the 360 was the more powerful system due to the "better multiplats" when it's the exclusives that truly shows off the full power of games.

What's also ironic about this is that the multiplat differences between the PS3 & the 360 versions of games aren't too far off from each other (save for the 2007 &/or 1st quarter or the 1st half half of 2008 games along with Bayonetta) in comparison to PS4 & Xbox One versions of multiplat games.
#126Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 3:36:31 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...

You must not understand what "proof" is then.

SoulTrapper posted...
Let it go, the xbox will never have better hardware and the cloud or DX12 won't make it better than the ps4, either.

When has anyone in this topic said that? Why do you guys keep making up this nonsense? The most I said is that weaker hardware can be improved with software updates, which is true. I'm sure you're going to nitpick that statement and say I meant "it's going to change the hardware itself", but that's not the only definition for improve. Improve can also mean "improve how well it runs". It's not my fault everyone is interpreting that in such a defensive way.

SoulTrapper posted...
This article explains why the cloud won't change anything graphically:

And I can post another 3 articles stating why it will. We're not doing this again. It's still too early to tell so stop acting like you have definitive proof.

SoulTrapper posted...
And this article, which has already, been posted 5 times or so, has Microsoft themselves saying DX12 won't change anything for the xbox one:

First of all, that's not what that article said. It said it won't necessarily offer new graphical effects, and it will let devs exploit more of what the hardware can do. Graphical effects aren't the only part of closing the gap with PS4, mind you. And oh look, here's another article where MS states it will boost resolution, frame rate, and graphical fidelity:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-see-improved-performance-184529517.html

And I just posted 4 other links above, all of which were dated after yours, also stating it will boost performance. So that's what, 5 links to your 1? With one being from the head of Xbox himself? You really don't want to play the "who has more links" game here. And still, because I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. At best, you could say that MS doesn't even know exactly what DirectX 12 will do for X1 yet considering these conflicting articles, but you certainly don't have enough proof to say it "won't change anything."
#127SoulTrapperPosted 4/12/2014 5:14:24 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

And I can post another 3 articles stating why it will. We're not doing this again. It's still too early to tell so stop acting like you have definitive proof.

Please do.
Post those articles.
Post one article that says the cloud will be able to increase graphics and that proves how this will happen.

I've already given two articles that make it clear and prove that it won't be able to do much of anything.

First of all, that's not what that article said. It said it won't necessarily offer new graphical effects, and it will let devs exploit more of what the hardware can do. Graphical effects aren't the only part of closing the gap with PS4, mind you. And oh look, here's another article where MS states it will boost resolution, frame rate, and graphical fidelity:

And I just posted 4 other links above, all of which were dated after yours, also stating it will boost performance. So that's what, 5 links to your 1? With one being from the head of Xbox himself? You really don't want to play the "who has more links" game here. And still, because I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. At best, you could say that MS doesn't even know exactly what DirectX 12 will do for X1 yet considering these conflicting articles, but you certainly don't have enough proof to say it "won't change anything."

Your "4 articles" are a tweet, a post by someone who assumes the presentation about what it will do for PCs is the same as what it will do for consoles, and a blog post, the second link even uses the first blog post as it's source.

So the only credible article is the one you posted above, which says "Xbox One games will see improved performance".

Which is perfectly in line with the link I posted which says:

"The Xbox One and PS4 have difficulty running the latest games at 1080p resolution, and Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that or offer any particular new graphical effects."

DX12 will offer a small performance boost, but it's not going to be much at all. Let alone make up the difference between ps4 and xbox one hardware.

There is no "closing the gap", you can't turn lesser hardware into better hardware, as you stated.
#128HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 5:42:41 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

You must not understand what "proof" is then.

The only person in this topic who doesn't think you've been proven wrong and hypocritical is you, bucko.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#129FenriswolfPosted 4/12/2014 1:00:44 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
LMFAO there are people that think Xbox 360 was more powerful than PS3?

Definitely. They always thought that the 360 was the more powerful system due to the "better multiplats" when it's the exclusives that truly shows off the full power of games.

What's also ironic about this is that the multiplat differences between the PS3 & the 360 versions of games aren't too far off from each other (save for the 2007 &/or 1st quarter or the 1st half half of 2008 games along with Bayonetta) in comparison to PS4 & Xbox One versions of multiplat games.

Doesn't matter, doesn't change the fact that any decent PC made in the last 5 years or so can both ran games better with higher resolution and frame rates. Neither the PS3 or 360 can produce graphics anywhere near the 2007 PC game Crysis on highest settings. By the time the new gen settles in, most people outside of console fanboys would've stopped caring about such nonsense.

And it's hilarious you make as if some discrepancy over a few pixels means a big deal, despite the fact that they're pretty much invisible unless you compare them side by side or on a HDTV. Last time I checked, 2011's Skyrim ran worse on PS3 due to PS3's software coding issues, which is a far bigger deal considering that it actually affected gameplay.
---
Hello
#130Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 2:14:46 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Please do.
Post those articles.
Post one article that says the cloud will be able to increase graphics and that proves how this will happen.

Why, so you can nitpick and claim that the cloud freeing up processing power to be used for increasing graphics doesn't count as the cloud helping with graphics? Nope, not going back and forth on that one again. If you don't understand that those are basically the same thing then I can't help you, and I'm not wasting anymore time posting articles that say so.

SoulTrapper posted...
There is no "closing the gap", you can't turn lesser hardware into better hardware, as you stated.

So a boost in resolution, frame rate and graphical fidelity wouldn't help close the gap? Here, I'll post the link again, maybe you missed that part:

And yes, that is in line with your article, but not the way you want it to be. Your 1 link said DirectX 12 won't necessarily offer new graphical effects. In other words, it could, but it's not definite. My 5 links on the other hand, say that it will, and 2 of them are from MS. And even if it turns out not to help with graphical effects, there's still frame rate and resolution, which weren't explicitly ruled out in your article and are fair game. So at this point, we can determine it will more likely help with graphics than not.

Horridhal posted...
The only person in this topic who doesn't think you've been proven wrong and hypocritical is you, bucko.

Funny, thought you were leaving? I guess the old proverb is true, "As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly."