Performance Gap Between Xbox One and PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator

#131Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 2:13:11 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Last time I checked, 2011's Skyrim ran worse on PS3 due to PS3's software coding issues, which is a far bigger deal considering that it actually affected gameplay.

Thank you, and that was 5 years after the system released. At that point you can't even use the "complicated architecture" excuse anymore, the system was just inferior. It did some things better, but was overall inferior, as most devs agreed. I think this guy put it best earlier in the topic:

Iemander posted...
But the PS3 was a real piece of crap. Blu-ray too slow so all games needed to be installed. Horrible architecture meaning all multiplatforms played worse on PS3. Very weak memory architecture means you couldn't even play your own music and game at the same time.

Maybe in raw brute floating point calculations the Cell architecture had potential, which was so horribly designed that we never really saw that potential except for a one or two naughty dog games.

Saying the PS3 is more powerfull than the Xbox 360 is like saying a drag racer is faster than a Ferrari. Sure if you fine tune your car for dozens of years you could potentially reach a speed higher than the Ferrari. But that doesn't make your ugly piece of crap car any better than the Ferrari.
#132HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 2:54:27 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Sin_Angelus_, you've been proven wrong dozens of times already.

You must not understand what "proof" is then.

The only person in this topic who doesn't think you've been proven wrong and hypocritical is you, bucko.

---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#133FriedLemonPosted 4/12/2014 7:39:40 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

The only person in this topic who doesn't think you've been proven wrong and hypocritical is you, bucko.
#134Shinobi120Posted 4/12/2014 7:47:05 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
LMFAO there are people that think Xbox 360 was more powerful than PS3?

Definitely. They always thought that the 360 was the more powerful system due to the "better multiplats" when it's the exclusives that truly shows off the full power of games.

What's also ironic about this is that the multiplat differences between the PS3 & the 360 versions of games aren't too far off from each other (save for the 2007 &/or 1st quarter or the 1st half of 2008 games along with Bayonetta) in comparison to PS4 & Xbox One versions of multiplat games.

Doesn't matter, doesn't change the fact that any decent PC made in the last 5 years or so can both ran games better with higher resolution and frame rates. Neither the PS3 or 360 can produce graphics anywhere near the 2007 PC game Crysis on highest settings. By the time the new gen settles in, most people outside of console fanboys would've stopped caring about such nonsense.

And it's hilarious you make as if some discrepancy over a few pixels means a big deal, despite the fact that they're pretty much invisible unless you compare them side by side or on a HDTV. Last time I checked, 2011's Skyrim ran worse on PS3 due to PS3's software coding issues, which is a far bigger deal considering that it actually affected gameplay.

Yeah, I forgot about Skyrim being inferior on PS3.
#135Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 8:52:30 PM
FriedLemon posted...
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Lol, you actually think quoting each other like that affects intelligent people. We're actually all just laughing at you.
#136HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 8:56:01 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
FriedLemon posted...
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Lol, you actually think quoting each other like that affects intelligent people. We're actually all just laughing at you.

Please, define who 'We're' encompasses.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#137mokmuudPosted 4/12/2014 9:29:29 PM
Cloud processing isn't going to do anything even remotely significant for us any time soon due to internet speeds and bandwidths.
Hardware is hardware. Software might allow devs to be more efficient but they are still limited by the hardware.
Devs will push the Xbox over this gen and games will get better and better but so to will devs push the PS4.
Also cloud processing isn't unique to the Xbox One nor is it a new thing.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#138FriedLemonPosted 4/12/2014 9:54:17 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

I'd be more concerned with him describing himself as 'intelligent'.
#139SoulTrapperPosted 4/12/2014 11:27:17 PM(edited)
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

Why, so you can nitpick and claim that the cloud freeing up processing power to be used for increasing graphics doesn't count as the cloud helping with graphics? Nope, not going back and forth on that one again. If you don't understand that those are basically the same thing then I can't help you, and I'm not wasting anymore time posting articles that say so.

I assumed you actually wanted to offer proof for your argument and claims.
I can see now I was mistaken.

So a boost in resolution, frame rate and graphical fidelity wouldn't help close the gap? Here, I'll post the link again, maybe you missed that part:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-see-improved-performance-184529517.html

And yes, that is in line with your article, but not the way you want it to be. Your 1 link said DirectX 12 won't necessarily offer new graphical effects. In other words, it could, but it's not definite. My 5 links on the other hand, say that it will, and 2 of them are from MS. And even if it turns out not to help with graphical effects, there's still frame rate and resolution, which weren't explicitly ruled out in your article and are fair game. So at this point, we can determine it will more likely help with graphics than not.

That's not what he said, you're taking things out of their context:

"The Xbox One and PS4 have difficulty running the latest games at 1080p resolution, and Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that or offer any particular new graphical effects."

What won't necessarily change is getting games to run at a 1080p resolution. Nor will it offer any new graphical effects.

Your 5 links are all BS: one is a meaningless tweet, one is a blog post, one is an article that uses that blog post and the tweet as it's source and the last one is by someone who assumes the same advantages for a PC will apply for a console (an idiot, as most people would agree).

The only link you posted that has any value, is the last one, which you just agreed is in line with the article I posted.

Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Last time I checked, 2011's Skyrim ran worse on PS3 due to PS3's software coding issues, which is a far bigger deal considering that it actually affected gameplay.

Thank you, and that was 5 years after the system released. At that point you can't even use the "complicated architecture" excuse anymore, the system was just inferior. It did some things better, but was overall inferior, as most devs agreed.

So despite the fact that it's been proven countless times to you that the ps3 has better hardware than the 360, you continue on making this claim?

The fact that despite the hardware advantage for the ps3, multiplatform games continued to look worse should have you worried.
Because it's the xbox one that's harder to work with this time around AND it has inferior hardware.
#140Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 9:15:44 PM
Horridhal posted...

People who don't constantly requote each other.

FriedLemon posted...
I'd be more concerned with him describing himself as 'intelligent'.

Says the guy who can't even formulate his own opinion. But congrats, that's the first thing you've said all topic that wasn't a quote from Horridhal. You're getting better at this!

SoulTrapper posted...
I assumed you actually wanted to offer proof for your argument and claims.

Like I said, already did. Go back a few pages if you're truly interested, just don't give me anymore semantics over wording when you do.

SoulTrapper posted...
The only link you posted that has any value, is the last one, which you just agreed is in line with the article I posted.

Ok, I'll humor you and let you cancel out my 4 other links just because you don't like them. At best, our 2 credible links cancel each other out, your argument is null and void, and we "wait and see" like I've been saying all along, instead of you being stubborn and stating that DirectX 12 won't do anything and acting like you have proof of such.

SoulTrapper posted...
So despite the fact that it's been proven countless times to you that the ps3 has better hardware than the 360

You do realize that just because you say you've proved soomething doesn't mean you did, correct? You keep doing that. That's obviously the reason we're still having this discussion, and why there's so many conflicting articles and opinions from devs, because it hasn't been proven.