Performance Gap Between Xbox One and PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator

#31Juzten76Posted 3/29/2014 1:19:16 PM
slyman19 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
slyman19 posted...
Damn! People are getting defensive. Ponies truly are the worst of the worst.
Coming from a person using the word "Pony" as an insult... I laugh at the irony of your post.

What irony?
#32AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/29/2014 1:20:23 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then the PS4 will have superior graphics.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#33NewMoonShadowPosted 3/29/2014 1:29:32 PM(edited)
Saying the X-Box One will eventually "catch up" to the PS4 is like saying a Geforce 550 will someday "catch up" to a GeForce 760. No matter how well the programmers program, and no matter what tricks they develop, there will never be complete parity between them unless they're specifically designed to look the same (Made for the X-Box One's specs, then simply ported to the PS4 with no tweaking).

Mathematics is not subjective. Just as quickly as the X-Box One's capabilities start to suck less, the PS4 will only get better. It's not like the PS4's performance is going to remain stationary while the X-Box One's improves.

Also I like how he talks about the difficulty of programming the game for the console, and talks about how Microsoft is making the rights steps to mitigate that, ignoring that the PS4 is universally being hailed as already being pretty easy to develop for from day 1.

It's literally an entire article of "The X-Box One is starting to be less terrible."
#34Garage_ManPosted 3/29/2014 1:45:13 PM
I don't even get why this is here. Of course there is going to be parity...he is using the unity game engine. Anyone who has deployed projects with it knows that parity is pretty easy to do....unity 3d is powerful and user friendly but it has nothing on these companies that have their own engines made.

Parity is going to become less and less common as time goes on, MANY developers have said they are choosing the ps4 as the lead platform which means everything else will have to he downscaled in some way.

I think the only reason it's so close now is because people aren't taking advantage of the sdks and everything they can do. Couple that with many Sony developers had to deal with the cell processor and now we are using normal ones they do have to learn.

Time will tell but if we go off of numbers alone the ps4 is quite a bit stronger and should have bigger differences in the next few years. Microsoft's sdk update for 2015 is just doing what should have been done to begin with. Low low low level access to things is needed period.
#35HyzenBurgPosted 3/29/2014 2:17:07 PM
Titanfall's release caused a huge surge in Xbox One sales. It went from 3.9 million to 4 million in 2 weeks. Hold on to your hats, varmints.
---
Simone Simons is insanely hot. That is all.
#36stawg007Posted 3/29/2014 3:30:30 PM(edited)
I was wondering how many posts it would take before the Sony fanboys dropped by when I read the title

Half of the posts, if not more are from known Sony fanboys, that's just sad

OT: Don't care, getting both consoles
#37Megamushroom666Posted 3/29/2014 3:54:54 PM
No, PS4 will get better, X1 will get better too, but never reach parity with a fully optimized PS4 game.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
SNACKEROO.com
#38archibald3Posted 3/29/2014 5:02:23 PM
ascendedcobra posted...
Still though since he makes games don't you think he probably knows more than you about it?
#39Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:31:13 PM
SubSeenix posted...
Aliens will invade our planet and donkeys will save us - Says someone paid by the NASA

Hey if you have access to good drugs you can believe everything you want xD

And you obviously have access to the best. Quotes from a dev now has the same credibility as alien invasions, huh? Lol.

Apex-Player posted...
Basically, he clearly says they aren't pushing the ps4 very far with this new oddworld game. Right at the end.

Yes and for 95% of the article before that part he's talking about the systems in general.

jackynkurttims posted...
I personally couldn't care less what some dude who made a PS1 game I couldn't stand thinks.

Of course you don't.

HighwayPilot posted...
But the PS4 will always have the better hardware, so a gap will remain.

Yea they said the same about the PS3 though and look how that turned out, multi-plats were eventually about equal. I think both consoles (like 360 and PS3) have their advantages in different ways, hence why Ryse is still (arguably) the best looking console game.

AceAndJunpei posted...
I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then the PS4 will have superior graphics.

You've already seen it, Ryse released 4 months ago. If they can do that with an exclusive, that just means the hardware is more difficult to develop for when you're having to focus on multiple systems, and things will eventually even out. Like the guy said in the article.
#40Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 10:32:11 PM
This ^^