Performance Gap Between Xbox One and PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator

#91SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2014 1:53:24 AM(edited)
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

SoulTrapper posted...
Make sense?

It does. But surely we can agree that out of all the things being thrown at X1 at least some are going to hit their mark and that's going to help close the gap. That's all I was really saying in the first place. I think we've both said our piece on it and posted enough links for now. Time will tell just how much these efforts will pay off.

Of course, devs are going to get better at optimizing Xbox one games and they will improve. Some games might even look the exact same on xbox and ps4.

It's just the hardware advantage isn't something that can be bridged with software updates or a new API.
#92FriedLemonPosted 4/9/2014 6:34:06 AM
Horridhal posted...
Nope, nobody said that, and that's dumb.

yeah that is what is being said. Joke thread.
#93Viet0nePosted 4/9/2014 6:54:17 AM
Considering the same dev that made the comment even went as far to clarify his comment.

The gap disappears only when optimizing for the differences is no longer worth the effort. Not once did he say the performance gap will disappear. Develops will choose to develop parity since it would be easy to get the PS4 to under-perform at the same level as the Xbox One than attempt to optimize the Xbox One to be better.

Summary:
PS4 can run anything the Xbox One can. Develop for the Xbox One, small amount of effort to get it running on the PS4 at the same or better level. Eventually not going to be worth it to have two teams developing and optimizing.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#94Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:00:02 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sorry, I paraphrase, but yeah that is what is being said. Joke thread.

Please, quote the person that said that. I'll wait.
#95HorridhalPosted 4/9/2014 8:06:43 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Horridhal posted...
Sorry, I paraphrase, but yeah that is what is being said. Joke thread.

Please, quote the person that said that. I'll wait.

Again, paraphrasing your comments throughout the topic. Your entire argument is based around downloading software to overcome a hardware gap. You ignore that hardware has hard limits and idiotically assert that somehow downloading DirectX 12 is going to somehow bring the X1 up to par with the PS4.

That is the equivalent of me saying downloading DirectX 12 is going to make my lesser computer equivalent to a more powerful one.

Since you don't seem to understand, let me bold it for you: You. Can't. Download. Hardware. And. Hardware. Has. A. Hard. Cap. To. Its. Optimization.

Simple enough?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#96Sin_Angelus_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:38:39 PM
Horridhal posted...
You ignore that hardware has hard limits and idiotically assert that somehow downloading DirectX 12 is going to somehow bring the X1 up to par with the PS4.

Again, please show me where I posted that instead of just talking out your ass. Oh you can't, can you? That's because all you've done so far in this topic is interrupt an intelligent conversation with fanboy conjecture and faulty rhetoric. You haven't posted one thing with any kind of significance or proof to back it up. And your personal opinions are pretty much worthless next to quotes from devs that are actually working on the systems, so who exactly are you referring to as idiotic? Please. You're not even worth my time. Soul Trapper already made the argument you're trying to make, except he actually used his brain.

Horridhal posted...
You. Can't. Download. Hardware. And. Hardware. Has. A. Hard. Cap. To. Its. Optimization.

And. I. Repeat. No. One. Ever. Said. That. So. You. Look. Quite. Silly. Typing. Like. That. And. Arguing. Over. Something. No. One. Said. In. The. First. Place. Do. You. Understand. Or. Do. I. Need. To. Dumb. It. Down. Further?
#97FriedLemonPosted 4/9/2014 10:50:43 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Weaker hardware won't become better hardware through software updates.

You and I both know that isn't true.
#98HorridhalPosted 4/10/2014 12:32:01 AM
FriedLemon posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Weaker hardware won't become better hardware through software updates.

You and I both know that isn't true.

This. Thank you for finding this btw, lemon. I hadn't noticed he had posted a response.
---
#99RagnarokxvPosted 4/10/2014 12:38:14 AM
If your argument is that over time developers will learn to push the ONE further in terms of performance, it would also mean the same for the PS4.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#100HorridhalPosted 4/10/2014 12:41:00 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
If your argument is that over time developers will learn to push the ONE further in terms of performance, it would also mean the same for the PS4.

Exactly. Either way his argument is flawed and he probably won't admit it.

Either he is saying you can download hardware, which is idiotic. Or he is saying the X1 will be optimized while neglecting to factor in the ps4 being optimized.

The gap won't close unless MS drops a new console with different specs. Period.
---