What generation did you start gaming?

#41w3inerschnitzelPosted 3/29/2014 7:11:25 AM
Hmmm, I selected Gen 3 like an idiot, but would be Gen 2, I guess because your poll just said NES I didn't think properly, but it would be Sega Master System for me...which would be same Gen as NES btw tc.
---
nosig
#42John Henry BonhamPosted 3/29/2014 7:18:38 AM
I started gaming PRE-Gen1 with the magnavox pong console. (Also a lot of pinball in the bars my parents dragged me into).

Holy crap I'm old.
---
Hey Hey what can I do?
#43Mr_Big_BossPosted 3/29/2014 7:33:11 AM
John Henry Bonham posted...
I started gaming PRE-Gen1 with the magnavox pong console. (Also a lot of pinball in the bars my parents dragged me into).

Holy crap I'm old.

No, that was the real gen 1. TC is just ignorant, trying to say they're not important and altering the gen numbers to fit his own personal false opinion.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#44SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/29/2014 7:41:08 AM
drink posted...
jimm120 posted...
wow. so you had Gaming parents back then? That's pretty damn cool.

Gaming parents now is nothing. Gaming parents back then was something.

The kids of the gaming parents are now the gaming parents.

Gen 1 here.

Generation one.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#45SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/29/2014 7:44:17 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Gen 3 and i find it hard to believe that large of a portion of a portion of this board started in gen1.

We are the OGs. The legendary super gamer.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#46SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/29/2014 7:50:40 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

Holy crap I'm old.

No, that was the real gen 1. TC is just ignorant, trying to say they're not important and altering the gen numbers to fit his own personal false opinion.

Holy crap I'm old.

We also had consoles that came pre loaded with games. It was a while ago. At 42 years of age, I believe the first videogame was created the year I was born; by a man from MIT.
---
#47hoggys2much99Posted 3/29/2014 7:54:45 AM
This poll is all completely WRONG!

The first generation of consoles WAS NOT the Atari VCS/2600. The first generation of consoles were the Magnavox Odyssey, Magnavox Odyssey Series, Coleco Telstar and Pong.

The Atari 2600 was second Generation.

The poll should be thus:

First Gen - Magnavox Odyssey, Coleco Telstar, Pong
Second Gen - Atari VCS/2600
Third Gen - NES, Master System (the console which hammered the NES in Europe and the console which the TC has not mentioned in his poll)
Fourth Gen - Mega Drive/SNES
Fifth Gen - PS1, Saturn, N64
Sixth Gen - Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox
Seventh Gen - Xbox 360, PS3, Wii
Eighth Gen - Xbox One, PS4 Wii U

I started on the SECOND Generation of consoles on the old wooden Atari VCS in 1978.
#48Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/29/2014 7:59:22 AM
I voted for the N64/PSX gen but I was kind of in-between gens.

I was born in '92 and my parents had a SNES. They also got an N64 when they came out. I don't remember when I was old enough to start playing them, but when I was I put equal time into both,of them. But the N64 was "my gen" I guess.

Those were the days. Back when it was about the games. I was too young to care which system was newer. I just turned on whatever system I felt like playing that day.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#49kidbuu74Posted 3/29/2014 8:03:18 AM
Heh i made this topic on the ps4 board and it was deleted twice...

Anyway your generations are off by one and I owned a xbox and gamecube, but me and my brother would play super smash bros on his n64 all day
---
Not changing this sig until fat princess two is announced
#50NSGraphitePosted 3/29/2014 8:09:22 AM
You forgot a generation.

I would consider pong and oddyssey gen 0.

Atari 2600, matell intellivision were gen 1

Atari 5200 and caleocovision were gen 2

Nes and sega master were gen 3.

We're at gen 8 now
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...