What generation did you start gaming?

#91pfh1001Posted 3/29/2014 11:49:05 AM
Pre-Gen 1 with Pong. Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!
#92FinzFan4lifePosted 3/29/2014 12:03:49 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Gen 2
My parents handed their NES down to me with like 30+ games.

ok I have to ask if your parents handed it down how old are cause that came out shortly before I was born and I started on the Atari cause my uncle had one but then got a NES from a family friend, but parents handing down a NES would mkennyynnoo posted...
foundryGod posted...
Atari 2600 was my first console, but I also played games on my Dad's computer. Remember floppy disks?

My mom bought a Macintosh, 5" screen, 1' deep lol. Played Oregon trail(I think) and some game on an island that I can't remember.

my grandma had an IBM and there was a bunch of games but there was this one where you raced but the only way you could move was guessing the word below that's how I feel I got descent with my words lol.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#93KOTRwhoopsPosted 3/29/2014 12:12:10 PM
My first console was the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) with Sonic The Hedgehog, Castle Of Illusion and World Of Illusion in 1994.

Good memories...
---
PLAYING - ACIV: Black Flag (PS4), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
MOST WANTED - Destiny, Evil Within, FFXV, Batman AK
#94InjusticeRebornPosted 3/29/2014 12:19:42 PM
Atari baby!

I always thought there was a generation before that though? :/ Anyways, little back story seeing as everyone else has - the Atari was my dad's. Then we got a Nintendo, MegaDrive... and so on and so forth. And that as they say, it that.

But looking at those poll options, my word does kind of shock me with the amount of time I've been gaming. Not enough to stop me any time soon, but wow, I've been gaming pretty much my entire life. :D
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#95Sith JediPosted 3/29/2014 12:21:53 PM
Played the s*** out of my Atari 2600 and Commodore 64. Had a huge stack of C64 games that I couldn't even figure out how to run...so I just stuck to Wheel of Fortune and various Solitaire games. Then I got an NES and my mom and I would play Zelda for hours.

The first time my grandma saw me playing Mortal Kombat was pretty hilarious too.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#96FourManSevenPosted 3/29/2014 12:24:02 PM
Very late into gen 3, early gen 4
#97terrancejonesPosted 3/29/2014 12:24:54 PM
I remember playing tetris as a toddler, on my Mom's NES... Grew up from there to the SNES, and so on, but I also remember going to friends houses to enjoy the cool kids games on the PS1, and so on.

Incidentally, it was MY gramma that got me Mortal Kombat.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?
#98rkade8583Posted 3/29/2014 12:41:16 PM
Gen 1. Atari 800xl
---
Steam/Skype/XBLA: RKade8583 LoL: RKade the Tank
I'm almost blind. If you think that's a problem then you haven't seen my skills. Spite motivates, believe me.
#99SADMZPosted 3/30/2014 9:09:09 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Gen 3 and i find it hard to believe that large of a portion of a portion of this board started in gen1.

Well, that's because this type of thread attracts a different group of people that normally don't post in the diarrhea-a-thon known as the Xbox One boards.

It also attracts the "me" monster, I'm afriad.

"NES? That's nothing! I'VE been gaming since the Atari 2600!"

"The 2600? Pul-ease... that thing's a graphical juggernaut compared to what I grew up with! I started gaming with the Odyssey!"

"You're complaining about the Odyssey!? That thing woulda been a Godsend for ME! I'm William Higinbotham! All the rest of you are petty noobs!"

It's a sight, man.
#100maizemaizePosted 3/30/2014 9:21:39 AM
Actually, NES is 3rd gen.
Click on MORE GAMES tab above for list of all gens.

My gaming started in Arcades, but my first console is NES.
Then GENESIS,
Then PS1,
Then PS2 (didn't like it, sold it after 2 weeks),
Then Wii (my best console yet)
Going form Wii U soon, if pay allows :-/