Honest Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall opinions. Thinking of getting an Xbox One.

#1KOTRwhoopsPosted 3/29/2014 6:44:16 AM
Hi all, I won 500 last weekend and have been trying to weigh up what to treat myself with.

If I get an Xbox One it will be with Titanfall and Dead Rising 3, today, as I have it reserved at my local Argos (large UK retail store) and a free weekend to play around. The PS4 is and will be my primary console this gen and I have a gaming PC so any PC/Xbox One games will be PC purchases, except FPS games as I'm crap with a mouse and keyboard and prefer to play with a level playing field with a controller (hence Titanfall).

So before I take the plunge, what are your honest opinions on Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall? Are they games you like? Don't like? Are they worth the price they are sold at? Do they have any fundamental flaws which really effect the game IYO? Pros & Cons of each?

I have a good idea about the games as I follow the gaming daily, but to get some raw feedback from fellow GameFAQs users will be really useful.

Any helpful replies appreciated. Thanks.
---
PLAYING - ACIV: Black Flag (PS4), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
MOST WANTED - Destiny, Evil Within, FFXV, Batman AK
#2Evel138Posted 3/29/2014 7:04:19 AM
Titanfall is hands down the most fun I've had playing a FPS (starting with Doom around 1993).

I think the real charm is the parkour tbqh. I could playing the game alone, doing nothing g more than wall running/double jumping, looking for new routes and still have a blast playing it.

Its accessible for all skill levels....whether you're a lethal pilot hunter or just the guy hunting grunts (bots), you're both going to be at least feel like you're doing something....which "something" is happening everywhere on the map from literally any direction.

Dead Rising 3 I wish I could comments on (and I certainly plan on buying it), but I haven't played it yet.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#3psprulz2007Posted 3/29/2014 7:06:01 AM
Ill start off with Dead Rising 3.

I personally do not like the game. But it should be known I was not the biggest fan of the other games in its series. Even though I am a huge Zombie fan. I can see the appeal and enjoyment. If you like the mindless roaming and the cheeky humor then you can get something out of it.

I just felt the graphics were subpar, controls to be extremely clunky and boring plot. But that's what is expected of Dead Rising games. If you are a fan of previous Dead Rising games and just want more of the same then you would enjoy it.

Titanfall is one of the better games on the system. But far from the "must own" game that some people praise it to be. The biggest thing going for the game is the pure enjoyment. It lacks a worthy story, maps, guns and customization. But again the fun factor s its saving grace. There is enough content for you to enjoy for a little while. But not for the $60 price tag. Once DLC hits then the lack of content complaint will be gone. But as is right now it lacks content.

Its hard to say the game is worth $60 so Id say shoot for finding it cheaper if possible. But if you have the $$$ to burn then you cant go wrong with TitanFall. Unless you don't like online shooters.
---
Xbox One- Feelinkorny
3DS- 1177-8568-8050
#4chicken8orPosted 3/29/2014 7:21:43 AM
Titanfall:

I haven't had more fun with a game since CoD4. It is extremely fun and I have yet to get frustrated (which happens every game in CoD).

I tried to play Ghosts after playing Titanfall and I went back to Titanfall after only one game. Titanfall has killed CoD for me. I can't stand the slow, campy gameplay of CoD anymore.

DR3:

Leaps and bounds better than DR and it makes DR2 look like a joke ( I didn't enjoy DR2). When I first started playing I actually froze in place in the beginning, just soaking in the scenery and mayhem.

It is also the first game to legitimately make me jump in years.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#5IAmDrummistPosted 3/29/2014 7:36:33 AM
Yep - My opinion is the same for Titanfall. It's incredibly fun, which a lot of games seem to lack on lately
#6TheM00dPosted 3/29/2014 7:49:10 AM
Don't have Dead Rising 3 but I do have Titanfall and I'll weigh in on that. The game is good and it's fun at times but I haven't played it in probably a week. The game got a lot of hype and I think that may have hurt the game in my opinion. I play BF4 a lot more than I do Titanfall and that game is way more engaging for me. Like I said the game is solid and it is fun but I feel like it's missing something.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#7shoji_joPosted 3/29/2014 7:55:54 AM
I bought an Xbox One for DR3 and Titanfall. They decided this gen for me.
As stated by the previous comments, Titanfall is the most fun I've had in an FPS in ages.

If you have nothing else to spend the money on then go for it. Technically it's costing you nothing as you won the money!
#8kcypher2000Posted 3/29/2014 8:04:11 AM
DR3: horrible story with an annoying lead but the gameplay is fun and the sheer amount of zombies and bizzarre weapons in the game makes it worth it for me. The game really stands out when you play it coop however.

TF has 0 story that i can tell you about but the game play is pretty revolutionairy. Its like the game is designed for the potential for non stop epic moments in mind. It is not perfect however as its missing some features like
Voting on maps that youd expect in every fps these days.
#9Charity_DiaryPosted 3/29/2014 8:13:40 AM
Dead Rising 3 is a lot of fun, and really shows off what the Xbox One can do.

Titanfall is a bland, generic FPS title with $20 of content and a $60 price tag.

Take your pick.
---
GT: Blueberry Whale
<3
#10DvoloS88Posted 3/29/2014 8:25:41 AM
Charity_Diary posted...
Dead Rising 3 is a lot of fun, and really shows off what the Xbox One can do.

Titanfall is a bland, generic FPS title with $20 of content and a $60 price tag.

Take your pick.

Did you just call titanfall generic? I think I just had a brain aneurysm fajbdgkbftkvdhncgkvfj...
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...