Honest Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall opinions. Thinking of getting an Xbox One.

#11CMoney003300Posted 3/29/2014 7:28:12 AM
Get the titanfall bundle. You get titanfall for free
---
Gamertag: CMoney0330
#12AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/29/2014 7:28:34 AM
I've only played a little bit of Dead Rising 3 (bought a Bone yesterday), but if you liked the others, you should get it.

Graphics look like a late- gen 360 game, but there are a ton of zombies on screen. No loading times is nice too.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 3/29/2014 7:42:19 AM
Dead Rising 3 :
I have to admit. I never played Dead Rising or Dead Rising 2, but as far as gameplay goes, I am very pleased with Dead Rising 3. Even though it looks like a late last-gen title visually. The story is kinda dull too. The amount of on-screen zombies is insane though. If you're a fan of mindless zombie killing, then you can't go wrong with DR3.

Titanfall :
Easily one of the better games on the Xbox One right now if you play online shooters a lot. It's a very fun game at it's core, but for a $60 game it feels like there is $40 worth of content. No real single player mode or offline play. They do have a "campaign", but it's really a bunch of multiplayer matches with a bunch of chatter in the background. I really feel that there is an epic story with real characters waiting to be told. Something that will give the game soul and identity.

I'm not sure what the dlc will add, but only time will tell. It's gonna set you back another $25 though. If you're really into online shooters, then you will probably have a blast, but I just want you to know what to expect by looking at the whole picture.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#14KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 11:13:18 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone, I went and bought it an hour ago. I've attached a picture to give you faith that not everyone is a troll on these boards!

http://s29.postimg.org/4dpgtogie/IMG_0687.jpg

Looking forward to a night of Titanfall. I didn't get the TF bundle as I'm one of those strange people who prefers physical games. I also got Plants V Zombies for free, which TBH I'll immediately sell as it doesn't really interest me (I have done my research).

Feel free to add me if you fancy someone to play TF with (GT: Robioto), thanks.
---
PLAYING - ACIV: Black Flag (PS4), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
MOST WANTED - Destiny, Evil Within, FFXV, Batman AK
#15TBONE_OGPosted 3/29/2014 11:30:34 AM
Honestly? Best 2 games on the Xbox One.
---
Always O.G.
#16KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 11:44:06 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Honestly? Best 2 games on the Xbox One.

Feel free to add your thoughts on the games. One line like that doesn't really contribute.
---
PLAYING - ACIV: Black Flag (PS4), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
#17Lawboy2Posted 3/29/2014 11:54:30 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Thanks for the responses everyone, I went and bought it an hour ago. I've attached a picture to give you faith that not everyone is a troll on these boards!

Looking forward to a night of Titanfall. I didn't get the TF bundle as I'm one of those strange people who prefers physical games. I also got Plants V Zombies for free, which TBH I'll immediately sell as it doesn't really interest me (I have done my research).

Don't sell plant v zombies Pls...one of the best games I have ever played...it's so different and a change of pace from FPS...it's not better than titanfall but it's a close second...I'm telling u it will suprise u if u try it out
#18wrettcaughnPosted 3/29/2014 11:57:59 AM
I got DR3 with my XB1 on Christmas. Couldn't really get into DR3 but I'm not as big a fan of the open-world-ish games (except for Sleeping Dogs, loved that one). I had more fun killing hordes of zombies than I did progressing the story. Also not a fan of having a clock counting down the whole game...

Titanfall is the first and only FPS that I've enjoyed enough to regenerate (prestige). I only ever played the campaigns in the CoD games, never got into Battlefield. The only downside I've experienced after Titanfall is that other FPS games feel sluggish. Booted up Bioshock Infinite the other day and it was like walking/running through molasses...
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#19KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 12:01:52 PM
wrettcaughn posted...
I got DR3 with my XB1 on Christmas. Couldn't really get into DR3 but I'm not as big a fan of the open-world-ish games (except for Sleeping Dogs, loved that one). I had more fun killing hordes of zombies than I did progressing the story. Also not a fan of having a clock counting down the whole game...

Titanfall is the first and only FPS that I've enjoyed enough to regenerate (prestige). I only ever played the campaigns in the CoD games, never got into Battlefield. The only downside I've experienced after Titanfall is that other FPS games feel sluggish. Booted up Bioshock Infinite the other day and it was like walking/running through molasses...

Thanks, to be fair I'm fortunate to have a gaming PC so any single player FPS like Bioshock, Metro, etc I get to play/played silky smooth there anyway.

Can't wait to fire TF up, I was just thinking that it's a really good job I didn't get the TF Bundle, I only have an 8MB connection so it'd take an age to DL TF (it's 48GB isn't it?).
---
#20KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 12:03:06 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...

Don't sell plant v zombies Pls...one of the best games I have ever played...it's so different and a change of pace from FPS...it's not better than titanfall but it's a close second...I'm telling u it will suprise u if u try it out

Thanks for that, I want to resist temptation, I've still got Infamous SS on the PS4 and FFX HD on the PS3 to play as well as DR3 and TF now! The April drought will be a good thing!
---