Xbox one CPU Vs PS4 CPU

#11schmarkenheimerPosted 3/29/2014 8:07:04 AM
X1 is a 1.75GHz 8 core jaguar (mobile) CPU, 6 for devs 2 for background. PS4 is 1.6GHz 8 core jaguar (mobile) CPU, 6 for devs 2 for background.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#12orestes1981Posted 3/29/2014 8:29:15 AM
The PS4 clock speed has not been released since information was dumped in Feb. 2013 (nine months before launch).

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-CPU-More-Powerful-Than-Xbox-One-CPU-According-Benchmark-Test-61203.html

However, the speed test shows that it is faster than the Xbox One.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 3/29/2014 8:31:54 AM
Doesn't matter. They are both tablet caliber CPUs.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#14Hucast9Posted 3/29/2014 8:44:04 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...

You're obviously trying to imply that "tablet caliber" is bad. Tell me why that's bad? Is it bad compared to a gaming pc? Is that what you're referring to? You mean, a gaming pc which if I were to make would cost me like $1000 compared to the $400 PS4 or $450 Xbox One?

Honestly, stop if you're trying to imply that.
#15AllgorhythmPosted 4/1/2014 12:09:42 PM
Wolfx911 posted...
Which one is better?

The PS4 is slightly better. The main difference is that 10% of the life of the X1 CPU is sucked off by the Kinect. Were it not for the Kinect, you probably would not be able to tell the difference.

Both the PS4 and the X1 are new machines. The game programmers have yet to tap anywhere near the potential of the CPUs and GPUs.
#16TreGoodaPosted 4/1/2014 12:29:21 PM
Neither machine has a cpu.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#17icarus231Posted 4/1/2014 12:52:27 PM
Laylow12 posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Laylow12 posted...
PS4s CPU is 20% better and GPU is 40% better. The RAM is much, much better though.

The ram isn't much much better, it's just better.

No, its much much better.

Only for graphics not for everything else.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#18DaLaggaPosted 4/1/2014 12:56:51 PM
Hucast9 posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...

You're obviously trying to imply that "tablet caliber" is bad. Tell me why that's bad? Is it bad compared to a gaming pc? Is that what you're referring to? You mean, a gaming pc which if I were to make would cost me like $1000 compared to the $400 PS4 or $450 Xbox One?

Honestly, stop if you're trying to imply that.

A "tablet caliber" CPU is bad because tablet CPU's are designed to be very power efficient and produce minimal heat. Both of those attributes can only be achieved by making the CPU's extremely weak (relatively speaking). And no, it wouldn't take a $1000 PC to leave the PS4 in the dust. A $600 PC could easily do it and if you really skimped and looked for deals you could do it with a $500 PC. Like it or not, but brand new consoles have never been this weak relative PC's in the history of gaming.
#19Gamer99zPosted 4/1/2014 1:22:06 PM
iirc the xbox one has a slightly better CPU almost indistinguishable though, the GPU is 30%-40% better, and the RAM is ALOT better. Also the Xbox is a bit harder to develop for.
With people saying the PS4 has a better CPU, which I was positive it was slightly weaker, im not sure. Maybe I need a fact check.
---
mod aboose at its fynest
thnx oobama - Goombacrusher
#20Garage_ManPosted 4/1/2014 1:28:15 PM
icarus231 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Laylow12 posted...
PS4s CPU is 20% better and GPU is 40% better. The RAM is much, much better though.

The ram isn't much much better, it's just better.

No, its much much better.

Only for graphics not for everything else.

Sorry what are the ps4 and x1 again? Ohhhhh yes gaming machines. Get a laptop..any laptop on the planet and have it's graphics card run on ddr3 nowwww take that same model laptop same cpu same everything but give the graphics card gddr...you'll see a whole worrrlldddd of performance difference. Video cards aren't meant to use ddr..they just aren't. Only the lowest of low end trash uses ddr for graphics memory.