Xbox one CPU Vs PS4 CPU

#21Garage_ManPosted 4/1/2014 1:31:29 PM
Hucast9 posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
Doesn't matter. They are both tablet caliber CPUs.

You're obviously trying to imply that "tablet caliber" is bad. Tell me why that's bad? Is it bad compared to a gaming pc? Is that what you're referring to? You mean, a gaming pc which if I were to make would cost me like $1000 compared to the $400 PS4 or $450 Xbox One?

Honestly, stop if you're trying to imply that.

It's bad because there are hundred dollar Intel processors that murder these things. Intel dual core > both these processors. It's equally bad because things like ai and heavy physics USE the processor for calculating. As you can see the problem is right NOW AT THIS MOMENT there are mobile processors that are better, in 2 years time we will have low end mobile things more powerful. Not only do these processors hold back console gaming but they hold back pc gaming while ironically mobile gaming can get much more in depth.
#22EleckzarPosted 4/1/2014 1:36:39 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
Xbox One is superior in every way possible, PS4 is a pathetic weakling.

April Fools!
---
Gamertag: Eleckzar
PSN: Eleckzar
#23DaLaggaPosted 4/1/2014 1:44:43 PM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
It's bad because there are hundred dollar Intel processors that murder these things. Intel dual core > both these processors. It's equally bad because things like ai and heavy physics USE the processor for calculating. As you can see the problem is right NOW AT THIS MOMENT there are mobile processors that are better, in 2 years time we will have low end mobile things more powerful. Not only do these processors hold back console gaming but they hold back pc gaming while ironically mobile gaming can get much more in depth.

While I don't think that these tablet CPU's are as weak as dual cores (per core they're weaker, but not when you consider that they have 8 cores), everything else you said was spot on. Even something like an ancient i7-920 from 5 years ago would run circles around the Xbone/PS4's CPU. It's pretty sad actually and goes to show just how outdated even the PS4's hardware really is.
#24mikel93Posted 4/1/2014 2:53:45 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
PS4 is superior in every way possible, Xbox One is a pathetic weakling.

Fixed
#2595_EclipsePosted 4/1/2014 2:57:01 PM
richboy900 posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Xbox One is superior in every way possible, PS4 is a pathetic weakling.

Both machines are"pathetic weaklings" of systems. Nothing like the Xbox or Xbox 360 when those were new.

If there was to be a gen to make gamers migrate to pc, this is it. I'm thinking of it myself. I also hope the steam machine does well, it'll blow these consoles out the water hardware wise.

No one is going to migrate to a different demographic. Maybe like .01% of people will switch.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#26Garage_ManPosted 4/1/2014 2:57:38 PM
DaLagga posted...
Garage_Man posted...

While I don't think that these tablet CPU's are as weak as dual cores (per core they're weaker, but not when you consider that they have 8 cores), everything else you said was spot on. Even something like an ancient i7-920 from 5 years ago would run circles around the Xbone/PS4's CPU. It's pretty sad actually and goes to show just how outdated even the PS4's hardware really is.

I would be really interested to see what the hard numbers would be in terms of the PC world. As far as I know Intel's I3 outdoes all of amds 4 core and I believe the 6 cores in some areas. We should comepare it to a 6 core as 2 are dedicated for the os on both as far as I know. When you kick it up to an i5...well there is no point lol. I'm just really hoping that computer games aren't massively heals back. I enjoy all the consoles and their respective games.
#27Gamer99zPosted 4/1/2014 4:48:31 PM
Garage_Man posted...
DaLagga posted...
Garage_Man posted...

I would be really interested to see what the hard numbers would be in terms of the PC world. As far as I know Intel's I3 outdoes all of amds 4 core and I believe the 6 cores in some areas. We should comepare it to a 6 core as 2 are dedicated for the os on both as far as I know. When you kick it up to an i5...well there is no point lol. I'm just really hoping that computer games aren't massively heals back. I enjoy all the consoles and their respective games.

intels plain old pentiums have actually out performed AMDs desktop 8 cores in areas of some benchmarks. Obviously translated to real world the 8 cores are superior, but its still sad that these CPUs, which are far weaker than the desktop 8 cores, wil be the best consoles have to offer for about the next decade.
---
mod aboose at its fynest
thnx oobama - Goombacrusher