Don't blame DICE blame EA.

#1Bladez_89Posted 3/29/2014 10:43:08 AM
Something we all knew anyway but here's a nice little read from an ign article.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/oddworld-creator-lashes-ea-talks-abeas-oddysee-remake
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 10:45:05 AM
Old article is old.

Also no, blame the developer not the publisher.

If you have a deadline you should be able to meet it, if not then you deserve all the crap you get.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#3NeoMonkPosted 3/29/2014 10:46:55 AM
Sounds like a true professional... f this and f that... I can see why he was let go regardless of what he claims.
We all know EA is a business... they don't care about individuals even less about customers, but this isn't the way to go about it.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#4DarkHolesPosted 3/29/2014 10:47:18 AM
Don't tell me what to think!!!!!
---
You my friend don't just take the biscuit, you take it, eat it, then s*** back in the tin
#5Bladez_89(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:47:28 AM
I hadn't read it so who cares if it's old.

And no, deadlines should be moved if the game is not upto scratch for the customer.

Tell me, would you rather have a release date pushed back or have an incomplete game with plenty of issues? I know what I'd have.
---
#6Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 10:51:41 AM
I would rather have it in the date that was set so you can see whether the dev is good or not.

Crash bandicoot 1,2 and 3 were all made in under 2 and a half years and are all amazing games.

They had over two years to work on battlefield 4.

Cods get released by the same team every two years and assassins creed games get released by the same 3 teams every year.

Good developers are good.
---
I wouldn't mind a game where I could be a Russian or North Korean character and shoot the us troops for once.
#7Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 10:53:04 AM
That's like saying, would you blame the waiter for bring you a raw steak if you wanted a medium cooked piece? No you would blame the chef.
---
#8Bladez_89(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:59:37 AM
So by you're logic you're telling me dice are crap?

Dream on buddy.

You and I know nothing about the working relationship between developers and publishers.

And as far as CoD goes. A re skin is a quick job I can imagine.
---
#9Tyronelio1Posted 3/29/2014 11:03:51 AM
As far as battlefield goes a few new maps and terribly short single player is a quick job i imagine.

And no they're not a crap developer, they made a crap game filled with game breaking bugs.

But they also made mirrors edge and the earlier battlefield games before they ruined it with 3.

Remember how bad 3 was at launch too?
---
#10gobuffalo30Posted 3/29/2014 11:06:08 AM
I blame EA for letting BF4 released the way it was. I blame DICE for having months to fix it and not able to do so.