Is anyone elses Xbone One having disc drive problems?

#1IChangedMyNamePosted 3/29/2014 3:41:10 PM
To be specific, my Xbox One refuses to acknowledge I put MGSV:GZ in. I usually have to eject and inject a couples times or turn it off and on until it recognizes it.

To clarify a bit further, it will say "disc is dirty or damaged please removed and re insert" or something to that effect and its ONLY with MGSV:GZ.

Is there a fix for this? Should I exchange my copy?
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#2IChangedMyName(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 5:36:07 PM
Damn, just mine then eh....
---
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#3BTM4444Posted 3/29/2014 5:37:31 PM
Do other disks work? These could be the first signs of disk drive failure. That's exactly what happen to mine.

I had to get a new xbox because my old one had the same problem.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#4teasugarPosted 3/29/2014 5:37:41 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
Damn, just mine then eh....

I think I saw someone on here say there might be a problem with that particular game, but don't quote me on that ...
#5Hidan623Posted 3/29/2014 5:37:41 PM
if it's ONLY is MGS i would say you had a bad install and to delete it and re install it then hard reset your xbox
#6IChangedMyName(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 6:41:07 PM
I'll have to try that and yea, its ONLY MGSV:GZ. All my other disc based games are fine.

I just wanted to see if it was an excluded incident or not. I'll do the re-install and if that doesn't work I'll exchange it.... if that doesn't fix it then its what ever.
---
#7Enigma149Posted 3/29/2014 6:44:13 PM
If it's just the one game, then it's one of the following:

a) It's the first sign of disc drive failure. A similar thing happens to Dreamcasts that are about to fail with Shenmue. Having said that, since it only needs the disc to authenticate the game, this is unlikely.

b) It's a bad installation, in which case, just delete and re-install it.

c) It's a bad disc, meaning the disc will have to be replaced.

Ironically, the first, despite being by far the worst scenario, would probably be cheaper than #3.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#8LanternOfAshPosted 3/29/2014 7:08:23 PM
ITS AN UPDATE ISSUE. It's happening to a lot of people. They're working on it top priority.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#9intolaomairPosted 3/29/2014 8:57:29 PM
my xbox one did it last night. it wouldn't recognize titan fall. the disc was inside the console and it just said insert disc. didn't recognize a disc inside basically
---
PSN: omairrr
XBL: omairrr
#10Brandon16XtremePosted 3/29/2014 11:00:24 PM
For those with the beta update, If your console pulls the disc back in when your first eject, wait 30 seconds before hitting eject again to let the drive wake back up and then eject. This will save you from having to hard reset the console everytime it does it.