Xbox One controller major issues

#1wt413412Posted 3/29/2014 9:06:25 PM
I have gone through 9 controllers in the 2 weeks I have owned my Xbox One and I now have to get yet another one, since this one only lasted 3 days before the left stick broke. This is ridiculous and extremely frustrating as well as a huge waste of time. I got them from several different stores and they all had issues.
I already had to send back 12 Xbox 360ís over the years, for having the Red light problem, until they updated the hardware and I thought they would have worked out their issues, but now it seems the controllers are junk. The 360 controllers never gave me any problems, except for expected wear and tear eventually breaking them down, over the years.
Half of the Xbox One controllers I returned because something was physically broken with it. A few I returned because of severe quality control issues, such as the left stick rubbing against plastic inside. I have seen more articles being written now starting to realize the problem and I have seen a fair amount of people posting about how many controllers they have had to replace and how horribly built they are, but unless someone actually has a few controllers in front of them to compare, they have no idea how great the controller is actually supposed to feel. Only 3 of them had triggers that felt how they should, the other ones would rattle the controller when pulled, even when they were turned off, would feel like they are hitting something hard, another one the trigger would pull back farther then it was supposed to, etc. Around 5 of them had bumpers that were great, but the others had one or more that were really mushy, I have had several ones where the pressure on the sticks where completely different than the other ones, many of them would rattle even if you just shook it in your hand, and most have more than one quality control problem. Since I have had so many to compare, including 5 at one point that I had next to each other, I can confirm that they are supposed to feel very solid, with great button and trigger and stick feel. But I have yet to find 1 that is put together properly.
I have tried calling Microsoft support several times, went through their chat, etc. and they arenít any help at all, as well as they said they donít even have an email for support where I can detail the problems. They keep saying I need to pay for shipping and could be without a controller for over a month, all this with only having the controller for 2 weeks.
Hopefully major sites can investigate the problem and write a story about it, as I am sure if they put all the controllers they have next to each other, they will see huge discrepancies between them.
All I want is 1 working controller put together properly, for now, until they fix their quality issues, or a third part controller comes out, when I can then buy more for when friends are over.
Alternatively, I am thinking of getting the device that lets me use an Xbox 360 controller with it, but you never know if an Xbox One update will prevent it from working, and the Xbox One controllers really feel better if they would only work.
Hopefully people will post this email on other sites as if enough people realize how wide spread this problem is, Microsoft might actually do something about it. Microsoft spent $100M on the Xbox One controller yet they donít even make sure they are put together properly.
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/29/2014 9:17:40 PM
http://tinyurl.com/npz6rur
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3LostOdyssey17Posted 3/29/2014 9:19:00 PM
Holy God.

If "the control stick rubbing the inside of the plastic" is what keeps you up at night, I envy your life.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#4LostOdyssey17Posted 3/29/2014 9:19:53 PM
BTW nice wallpost.

And in all honesty you are probably being too picky, or looking for defects.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#5brownmysterPosted 3/29/2014 9:21:24 PM
Yea didn't read it all, just read u went through 12 360's and 9 xbox one controllers. Just sounds like your rough on your devices.
#6Dark_Red_SlayerPosted 3/29/2014 9:28:35 PM
So, the people who.mistreat their controllers and blame the hardware have finally appeared on the Xbo boards.
---
Captain planet, He's a hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero!
#7MetalZoicPosted 3/29/2014 9:38:58 PM
I have the feeling that all these stores find the TC annoying and are giving him defective controllers on purpose. I can picture them all laughing about it in the breakroom right now.

Good times.
#8cmincPosted 3/29/2014 9:44:06 PM
brownmyster posted...
Yea didn't read it all, just read u went through 12 360's and 9 xbox one controllers. Just sounds like your rough on your devices.

That's about where i quit, too. Sounds like he's using these things for odd jobs around the house. That, or maybe he likes the girl that works the return counter.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#9Neo VejiitaPosted 3/29/2014 9:47:54 PM
I believe you. The other day I bought my xb1 (titanfall bundle slip cover edition) and the disk drive was no good, so they exchanged it for a new bundle and then in that one the controller it came with wouldn't turn on at all. Finally they exchanged that and I now have a working xb1 and controller.

You might try your luck with a titanfall controller maybe. I bought one and it was perfect, although I might have just gotten lucky.

It is clear to me that they are having quality control issues at their assembly plants.
---
Pokemon Black
Tokiya FC: 0862 2942 5169
#10aheroafakePosted 3/29/2014 9:48:00 PM
This is a joke topic, right? It has to be...
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |