Do They Make QR Codes For Microsoft Points/Money?

#11SnickleseedPosted 3/30/2014 9:49:51 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
http://www.qrstuff.com/

Left side says "plain text" enter code. Then on right press download

or, you could enter the code on xbox.com and be done with it....

why is there even a thread about this
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#12spacejamjordanzPosted 3/30/2014 9:55:23 AM
The way it's setup just seems to be more trouble than it's actually worth.

To actually get that to work, you need to convert the 25 digit code to QR which requires scratching the back and typing it. If you're gonna type the code out, then you might as well just go to www.xbox.com and redeem it there.

If Microsoft actually wants people to use QR codes then they need to make it more accessible. I would like to be able to redeem a card by using smartglass for starters.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#13KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 9:57:19 AM
Snickleseed posted...

Because I don't want to go to XBOX.com to enter a code. I want my Kinect to read it in a second. My question is, do they even make these cards yet?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#14youngunner2123Posted 3/30/2014 10:00:34 AM(edited)
Snickleseed posted...
youngunner2123 posted...
http://www.qrstuff.com/

Left side says "plain text" enter code. Then on right press download

I use this as when I buy the card I'm not home at that point lol

Nah but it's good to have at least by the time u get home or feel like using code it's already converted

And yeah Xbox.com is an alternative. But still slower than this way
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#15bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 3/30/2014 10:16:13 AM
KID VID posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
KID VID posted...
I haven't seen any. I keep buying those annoying 25-character gift cards and those suck. The only QR code I've used was the Day One Achievement.

Every single card I've bought has had one. The Live cards too.

Where are you getting them at? All the ones I see have that scratch-off thing with the 25-characters on the back.

Video Game Headquarters and Gamestop.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#16AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/30/2014 10:19:10 AM
KID VID posted...
Snickleseed posted...

Because I don't want to go to XBOX.com to enter a code. I want my Kinect to read it in a second. My question is, do they even make these cards yet?

The Forza 5 download card that came with the bundle had a QR code for redemption.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#17Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/30/2014 11:02:56 AM(edited)
I have only ever used a QR code for the Day 1 achievement. Pretty annoyed that everywhere I go every card I buy is still a scratch off after them hyping up the "use a code" command before launch.

---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#18PoweredMilkManPosted 3/30/2014 12:27:51 PM
bessy67 posted...
PsychoMantisMan posted...
I use a QR creator on my phone, enlarge the QR and put it up to my kinect

That just seems like a rather unnecessary step since you can just redeem the code on xbox.com

Or use smart glass that's what I do
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#19mcmax3000Posted 3/30/2014 2:15:36 PM
I've purchased a couple of gift cards since the Xbox One launched, and they've all been codes only, no QR. The CE content for Forza 5 is the only thing I can think of aside from the Day One achievement that I've had that's been a QR code.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#20aszsithPosted 3/30/2014 10:33:19 PM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
bessy67 posted...
PsychoMantisMan posted...
I use a QR creator on my phone, enlarge the QR and put it up to my kinect

That just seems like a rather unnecessary step since you can just redeem the code on xbox.com

Or use smart glass that's what I do

Any method that requires you to type in the code and then follow a second step is slower than going to xbox.com or using smartglass.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.