Something I never understood about the last Gen and proabably this Gen consoles

#1DepreceV2Posted 3/30/2014 8:34:36 AM
This will take some time but it is something I never understood. You can't play games from the previous generation which is fine to me. However why don't they offer games from the older generation for download for a price to play on this generation? I don't expect that so early for the Xbox One but even on the 360 they never let you buy the original Xbox games for download. I mean it is the digital age. What would be the problem with it?

On a side note: Anyone played Golden Sun for the GBA and Golden Sun 2? Remember continuing the RPG through link cables and codes? Now that we have the cloud RPG developers can literally use the cloud and continue massive stories while keeping your stats and stuff if you wish easily once they develop the next game. Hell if they had a 360 RPG game that let you save that information to the Cloud and keep all the items and such for the next game. Maybe even have the story change based on how you beat the game on the 360. This also goes back to letting people buy a digital copy of the previous generation of games. You could buy the older game. Play it and save the info to the cloud and use that for the new game.

I mean.. Money wise it makes absolutely no sense to not offer this not only for the Xbox but for the Playstation, Wii, 3DS/DS, etc.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#22ndAtomiskPosted 3/30/2014 9:21:04 AM(edited)
DepreceV2 posted...
This will take some time but it is something I never understood. You can't play games from the previous generation which is fine to me. However why don't they offer games from the older generation for download for a price to play on this generation? I don't expect that so early for the Xbox One but even on the 360 they never let you buy the original Xbox games for download. I mean it is the digital age. What would be the problem with it?

PS3 let you download both PS1 and PS2 games for like $5-$10 a piece. And there was an Xbox Live Originals section in the Marketplace that let you download several OG Xbox games. And the Wii let you download games from like every past Nintendo system.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#3maizemaizePosted 3/30/2014 9:35:58 AM
"You can't play games from the previous generation which is fine to me. "
Well it is NOT fine with me. That is why I disliked Wii Mini, PS3 slim and more or less X360.
I instead got Wii classic, to continue GC Zelda, Super Smash and Resident Evil Zero game play.
#4Juzten76Posted 3/30/2014 9:41:31 AM
There are some original Xbox games on the 360 marketplace. Not many though.
#5Jx1010Posted 3/30/2014 10:16:53 AM
Playstation 3 has a good amount of games from ps1 and ps2 on psn.
#6DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 11:02:43 AM
Juzten76 posted...
There are some original Xbox games on the 360 marketplace. Not many though.

I guess I worded it horribly. I should of said the amount of games available is extremely low. I just assumed on the PS3 since I didn't own one.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#7ShuraYukihimePosted 3/30/2014 11:09:48 AM
Time. Licensing.

What I'm upset about most is a lack of SNES and GBA games on the 3DS.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#8aheroafakePosted 3/30/2014 11:18:14 AM
maizemaize posted...
Well it is NOT fine with me. That is why I disliked Wii Mini, PS3 slim and more or less X360.

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#9allhailmalacathPosted 3/30/2014 11:22:32 AM
I hate PC gaming.
#10ShuraYukihimePosted 3/30/2014 11:23:07 AM
aheroafake posted...
maizemaize posted...

There is an oddity that at some point we came to expect new consoles to play games from consoles before it. I mean it happened with the Atari but then nothing for a long time. Now it's expected.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.