Something I never understood about the last Gen and proabably this Gen consoles

#11Sith JediPosted 3/30/2014 12:37:20 PM
Doesn't the 360 have BC? That could be why they didn't offer them for download.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#12aheroafakePosted 3/30/2014 12:58:46 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
aheroafake posted...
maizemaize posted...
"You can't play games from the previous generation which is fine to me. "
Well it is NOT fine with me. That is why I disliked Wii Mini, PS3 slim and more or less X360.

There is an oddity that at some point we came to expect new consoles to play games from consoles before it. I mean it happened with the Atari but then nothing for a long time. Now it's expected.

I never said that I expect BC in every new console generation. I do love the feature though.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#13aheroafakePosted 3/30/2014 1:03:21 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Doesn't the 360 have BC? That could be why they didn't offer them for download.

Yeah, it did have BC but it was severley lacking in terms of how many games you could actually play compared to PS3.
---
#14El_Mariachi_484Posted 3/30/2014 3:16:15 PM
For some reason, developers and many fellow gamers don't understand that we like have old games on our current box. Yeah, yeah, i know, "You bought a new console to play old games? You're dumb!" Truthfully, though, backwards compatibility is such an appealing offer. I have a PS4 right now and I'm on the fence for an xbox one, but if either of them had come out with full BC (or at least online or SOME BC) I would have bought that console on launch.

With the xbox one, I have about 60 games on xbla. If microsoft said, "You can now transfer all those games to the One" I would happily buy the console now at its official 500 dollar price tag. I know it sounds silly, but what it does is is give me an excuse to play the console. No games on the ONe currently interest me, except for KI, but I know the games I want will come in the future, so I have no problem investing in the console. As it is now, though, it would just be a dust collector.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#15aheroafakePosted 3/30/2014 4:11:53 PM
El_Mariachi_484 posted...
For some reason, developers and many fellow gamers don't understand that we like have old games on our current box. Yeah, yeah, i know, "You bought a new console to play old games? You're dumb!" Truthfully, though, backwards compatibility is such an appealing offer. I have a PS4 right now and I'm on the fence for an xbox one, but if either of them had come out with full BC (or at least online or SOME BC) I would have bought that console on launch.

With the xbox one, I have about 60 games on xbla. If microsoft said, "You can now transfer all those games to the One" I would happily buy the console now at its official 500 dollar price tag. I know it sounds silly, but what it does is is give me an excuse to play the console. No games on the ONe currently interest me, except for KI, but I know the games I want will come in the future, so I have no problem investing in the console. As it is now, though, it would just be a dust collector.

Agreed. I know people say that you shouldn't get rid of your old consoles, but when I buy the successor of a console, I stop using the predecessor altogether. Not that I want to, it's just kind of hard to go back to the old machine when I have the new one right next to it. So I usually just sale the console. I mean, I know I won't use it so I sell it to get some money out of it. And hell, I'd even pay a subscription fee for BC.
---
#16elbarto1Posted 3/30/2014 5:44:18 PM
I just add it to my collection of old consoles dating back to the 2600
I love collecting and even if I'm not currently playing it, I know in 5-10-30 years I'll have a blast dusting it off to show my kids or just play by myself.
I still buy older games for consoles I don't even have hooked up, just for the collection.
I never understand selling off a pile of games and console because its "last gen"
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#17violentdissmayPosted 3/30/2014 7:04:40 PM
maizemaize posted...
Well it is NOT fine with me. That is why I disliked Wii Mini, PS3 slim and more or less X360.
I instead got Wii classic, to continue GC Zelda, Super Smash and Resident Evil Zero game play.

I dont recall the guy asking for your opinion Mr. Snippy.
This looks like a job for Captain Hindsight! "If you wanted to play older console games, you should have kept your old consoles!"
---
Bender: There. This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable.
#18nickr2d2Posted 3/30/2014 7:08:32 PM(edited)
violentdissmay posted...
maizemaize posted...
I instead got Wii classic, to continue GC Zelda, Super Smash and Resident Evil Zero game play.

I dont recall the guy asking for your opinion Mr. Snippy.
This looks like a job for Captain Hindsight! "If you wanted to play older console games, you should have kept your old consoles!"

I LOL'd at "Captain Hindsight"

No offense to anyone. I understand why BC is important.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#19AgentOrange813Posted 4/3/2014 7:43:42 AM
Ps definitely has the better rpgs I think you have a better shot seeing that happen with them. Xb still gets the mainstream ones. But I would love a chrono trigger reboot. Especially with the cloud mega stories like your talking about
---
Fc: 2337-4594-9543 (currently playing bravely and pokemon) all friend welcome