Do you play video games with your significant other?

#11LEGEND_725Posted 3/30/2014 10:34:13 PM
Being the alpha male isn't about being a caricatured "tough guy." It's about mixing vast inner strength and a bit of a hard edge with charm and social grace.

The example I'm most enamored with at the moment is Harrison Ford. I've had several girlfriends of mine confess to me that they find Harrison Ford very attractive. And it's not hard to see why.

Harrison Ford is a penultimate alpha male, in the realest sense of the term. He's a real leader -- he's tough and gruff, doesn't smile much, seemingly doesn't care a heck of a lot what other people think, but he's also sexy, he's warm, and he looks out for people. He's got a rugged exterior, but a good heart, and he's charismatic as hell.

Most guys I see trying to be alpha try to be rugged on the outside, and rugged on the inside, and charisma is an afterthought for them. Women recognize this as fake, and they run away from it. Or they just feel like it's too much, go into auto-rejection, and get scarce.

Learning how to become an alpha male isn't about learning how to be a brick wall outside and in -- it's about learning how to meld strength of character with plain old character.

Here's what I recommend you focus on in your quest to become truly alpha:

Decide what you will and won't tolerate from people. It's incredibly important you know where your limits are. e.g., if a woman teases you a little bit in a conversation, that's fine, you can deal with it. But if you're not in the mood for teasing girls and she's really pressing you, you'll have to set her straight and let her know that isn't cool.

Learn to communicate what you won't tolerate with grace. What we just said in #1 though doesn't mean that you're alpha by telling a girl who's teasing too hard that she'd better knock it off or else, or that you're alpha by back-turning her or walking away. That stuff's just rude and/or silly, and it's universally childish (and weak in its childishness... it isn't what a man would do). Instead, learn to be subtle... if she over-teases you, you shrug a little, roll your eyes to the side, and let your attention drift off... it's now her job to reengage you and bring you back into things.

(To answer your question a good post not mine though) that's all I'm posting inb4 off topic modded
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#12bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 3/30/2014 10:37:00 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
Of course. In fact, my significant other is helping me type this sentence.

Ha!
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#13Tyronelio1Posted 3/30/2014 10:38:18 PM
Nah I bought the WIIU for her, we only really play together on our 3ds or when a good couch coop game comes out.
#14Sevi_neyPosted 3/30/2014 10:39:19 PM
Yeah, that Harrison Ford sure is dreamy

eh Legend ;)
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#15LEGEND_725Posted 3/30/2014 10:48:15 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
Yeah, that Harrison Ford sure is dreamy

eh Legend ;)

Agreed and I'm heterosexual

Uhhh on topic m

Lol indie station ryse had best graphics lmfao infamous second flop
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#16EnclavePosted 3/30/2014 10:55:54 PM
How does everybody not have Legend on ignore yet?

Anyways, my wife games with me occasionally. If we're both into an MMO at the same time then we game a lot together. We played FFXIV a LOT together until we both quit.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#17LEGEND_725Posted 3/30/2014 11:02:55 PM
Enclave posted...
How does everybody not have Legend on ignore yet?

Anyways, my wife games with me occasionally. If we're both into an MMO at the same time then we game a lot together. We played FFXIV a LOT together until we both quit.

Cuz they don't wanna miss quality posts :)
---