does xbox one borrow too much from window phones?

#1LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 3/30/2014 6:52:53 PM
tl dr version: please no window 8 phones on my xbox.

The UI is awful. I understand ms wanted the same look and feel on all platforms. but when they tried it on the desktop with touch, the thing is awful. now they want us to navigate on a controller? just no. not everyone wants to use kinect.

more importantly the games on the xbox one are great. fun even. but the pricing model is bad, I can't stand it. I stop playing games on my phone because of all the pay to win. ms seems to be going in that direction with so much mobile platform mentality.

Forza 5: half the freaking content as Forza 4. For racing sim, its weird that you can not sell the cars that you buy. No more winning cars from races. so if you don't like a car, you are stuck with it and have to start over gathering funds. oh of course you can buy a new car with real money, but that is just getting in the game's dealerships, then you buy a car at 100 dollars a piece.

project sparks: micro transactions to use tools and gain more time for more levels.

I didn't buy dead rising 3, because capcom and their love DLC

Killer instinct: buying individual characters, nothing wrong this model, but I still want to see ms get away from their mobile platform.

Ryse: I don't mind ryse pricing model either, just tick off that they ported a kinect game and were too lazy to take out the infallible QTE.

Anyways, I hope MS changes, if this is the next generation of gaming. I might just stop playing all together.
#2aszsithPosted 3/30/2014 10:18:59 PM
Your TL;DR has nearly nothing to do with the bulk of your post.

Also, Microsoft has sunk millions of dollars into making the new Windows a unified experience across all Windows platforms. Do you expect them to abandon it just because you are resistant to change?

And your pricing complaints could also be levied against the Playstation as well. I don't like the micro transaction based F2P model either, but the companies involved (both console makers and 3rd party publishers) are going to go where the money is, and consumers have voted with their wallets and displayed a willingness to support that model.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3Cornbread4lifePosted 3/30/2014 10:20:57 PM
I only think the first two paragraphs of your post are related to your topic, but I agree with them. The UI blows.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#4Jedi454Posted 3/30/2014 10:23:21 PM
The UI is fine, you just need to get used to it.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#5WartPig_Posted 3/30/2014 11:05:40 PM
knows MS has crap windows/ui's out, knows they want it on all their platforms, still buys product then whines about it..... seems like an average american.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#6slyman19Posted 3/30/2014 11:19:09 PM
I really don't see the problem with the UI. Fast and easy to navigate (with the latest updates).
#7AkuryuPosted 3/31/2014 12:10:53 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KOepsSwM0Ec/T8iZSwMSDgI/AAAAAAAAAjE/agHsL9AtVgg/s640/Windows-8-Demotivator.jpg

Learned from the best.
#8kingbahamut83Posted 3/31/2014 1:02:37 AM
I've had a windows phone since 2010. Upgraded to windows 8 and got a new higher tier windows phone Saturday. UI is not bad like you say, you just seem to not have any adaptability skills. You said you knew they wanted the same basic interface across all their devices and still you bought/received an X1. Fail is on you TC, and you alone. I said received because you sound lje the type that had his parents buy it for them.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#9crynryanPosted 3/31/2014 4:54:27 AM
Use kinect, then you won't have to deal with the UI on the dashboard.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#10Tyronelio1Posted 3/31/2014 4:57:02 AM
Does anyone know if the dashboard of the x1 works with a touch tv/ monitor?

And no I think it's a good thing that they have made everything universal so it has its own ID and its recognisable.

Like apple products.