Microsoft Prepping $399 Xbox One Without Blu-ray

#11RockguyKevPosted 3/31/2014 5:47:23 AM
False. The main point is that you are a troll looking for attention. You failed and then tried to explain your troll attempt and still failed.
#12tubb311Posted 3/31/2014 6:55:35 AM
this might be one of the dumbest rumors i've ever heard. lol
---
GT: DonShetland
#13DarkAdonis123Posted 3/31/2014 6:58:39 AM
Going back to DVD would effectively kill the system.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#14nableetPosted 3/31/2014 6:59:23 AM
Old news, especially with the price drop to $450. They would now need to drop it to $300-$350 to get any interest.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#15iamdanthamanPosted 3/31/2014 7:46:33 AM
They would never replace the Blu-Ray with a DVD drive. The only possibility for a console with no Blu-ray would be if they just took out the optical drive altogether and made it an all-digital system.
---
All your base are belong to us
#16shauntenninePosted 3/31/2014 8:16:56 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
The main point is M$ is willing to drop the blu ray drive (which goes against the xbox one being an all in one entertainment box) than drop the kinect which most people do not want to lower the price

Correct. For me it's like this:
Xbone as it is (w/ Kinect) - not interested
Xbone w/o optical (still w/ Kinect) - still no
Xbone w/ optical (w/o Kinect) - I pay $499
#17Sith JediPosted 3/31/2014 8:21:54 AM
shauntennine posted...
redeyes6778 posted...
The main point is M$ is willing to drop the blu ray drive (which goes against the xbox one being an all in one entertainment box) than drop the kinect which most people do not want to lower the price

So...$499 with a Kinect you can sell is no good, but the same price to get one without the Kinect is totally cool? That makes no sense.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#18shauntenninePosted 3/31/2014 8:40:33 AM
Sith Jedi posted...
shauntennine posted...
redeyes6778 posted...

So...$499 with a Kinect you can sell is no good, but the same price to get one without the Kinect is totally cool? That makes no sense.

I value my rights and freedoms more than I want an xbone.

Sure, I could sell the Kinect. But that would give Microsoft the sales data that I was ok with buying an always on camera/microphone with my game console. And I'm not ok with that.

When the Kinect is dropped I'll be the first person lining up to get one. And if it's never dropped then I have only a playstation this gen. I'm alright with missing out on xbox exclusives this gen. I'm not alright with bending my values for a plastic box.
#19staticxtreme5Posted 3/31/2014 9:11:59 AM
Well, Its good to see that everyone's hatred of Kinect hasn't dwindled while I've been away from the XB1 board.

Seriously, just get over it guys.
#20aszsithPosted 3/31/2014 9:13:03 AM
shauntennine posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
shauntennine posted...
redeyes6778 posted...

I value my rights and freedoms more than I want an xbone.

Sure, I could sell the Kinect. But that would give Microsoft the sales data that I was ok with buying an always on camera/microphone with my game console. And I'm not ok with that.

When the Kinect is dropped I'll be the first person lining up to get one. And if it's never dropped then I have only a playstation this gen. I'm alright with missing out on xbox exclusives this gen. I'm not alright with bending my values for a plastic box.

Rights and freedoms!? Not this nonsense again. IT IS A VIDEO GAME! IT IS A TOY! IT IS NOT INFRINGING ON YOU IN ANY WAY!

At this point, I hope Microsoft not only doesn't drop Kinect, but that it adds additional requirements using Kinect which keep the tinfoil helmets out of the community for good. I hope Sony does the same. Then I can game in peace knowing that the real danger, the conspiracy theorists, are not involved.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.