1 year subscription for Xbox live or PS+, which has more value?

#51aheroafakePosted 3/31/2014 4:11:58 AM
jfloydLunar posted...
aheroafake posted...
jfloydLunar posted...
I've only used PS+ as I don't really online game too much, but isn't XBL Gold $10 more?

Yes.

Ah well in that case if you want to look into it as a purely price standpoint PS+ wins.

I don't know which console will be the better online console for gaming, but since it was definitely Xbox 360, I'd say XBL Gold for that aspect. But it's too early to tell.

Well when I had a PS3, playing CoD: MW 2 was more fun but I still thought Xbox Live was much more maintained. But Xbox Live has been around for a long time, so it's not fair to judge them based on that alone. I'm sure by now PSN's online infastructure is much better than when I last used it but I really can't say cause I don't have a PS3 or PS4. I am gonna get a PS4 when better games come out for it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#52aheroafakePosted 3/31/2014 4:13:24 AM
universaldave posted...
It does make me wonder how Sony is able to give away so many free games... and games of such newness and quality??? And yet I still don't have it, which is even more strange. It might be because I have most of the great games they're giving away for free... which begs the question... why do PS3 or 4 owners bother to buy games at all? You can wait a while and get them free!

I wonder the same thing.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#53lunchbox2042Posted 3/31/2014 4:43:25 AM
Buy the system for the games you want since you need the online service anyway.
#54bksonic123Posted 3/31/2014 4:48:39 AM
universaldave posted...
It does make me wonder how Sony is able to give away so many free games... and games of such newness and quality??? And yet I still don't have it, which is even more strange. It might be because I have most of the great games they're giving away for free... which begs the question... why do PS3 or 4 owners bother to buy games at all? You can wait a while and get them free!

I assume people like it because it invites them to play games which they've never considered playing before, heck I never would've touched Tomb Raider or Metal Gear Rising if they weren't on PS Plus because I've never played games in those series before, but I loved Tomb Raider and MGR was my GOtY last year. In reality, I can see Sony are using this to get people to buy the sequels of those games, looks like it's working (for me, anyway, bring on on MGR 2!).
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls
If you love games with great stories, you've got to play Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.
#55Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/31/2014 5:42:23 AM
Who pays full price for Live or PS+ anyways?

pretty sure I paid like $8 apiece for 3 month cards last Black Friday.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
Love is no fun with protection
#56teeebzPosted 3/31/2014 5:47:50 AM
Man some people need to get laid...

I don't even care about the mod at this point. I'm just "stating facts," as others like to say.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#57KOLDFYERPosted 3/31/2014 6:04:40 AM
PS+ does not have free games. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for reading.
#58PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 3/31/2014 9:23:48 AM
KOLDFYER posted...
PS+ does not have free games. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for reading.

Ok.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#59lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 9:47:47 AM
So, pretty much after reading this thread, ps+ is just lightyears ahead of Xbox live while costing less. Ps+ is more oriented towards the gamer while Xbox live let's you use the features on the box that should have been free anyways?

Yea, that's an easy choice.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#60GuiltySoul2005Posted 3/31/2014 10:18:31 AM
lilj812 posted...
So, pretty much after reading this thread, ps+ is just lightyears ahead of Xbox live while costing less. Ps+ is more oriented towards the gamer while Xbox live let's you use the features on the box that should have been free anyways?

Yea, that's an easy choice.

Good thread, i enjoyed this. thank you.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x