Cloud processing poll - Vote now!

#1HypnoCooshPosted 3/31/2014 7:59:10 AM
How has the cloud processing revolution impacted your gaming experience? - Results (152 votes)
10/10 God darn incredible
13.82% (21 votes)
9 - Smoother and faster everything
0.66% (1 votes)
8 - Think I see extra resolution
3.95% (6 votes)
7 - Who needs blast processing anyway
1.32% (2 votes)
6 - I like it, it's fun
0.66% (1 votes)
5 - Meh
7.24% (11 votes)
4 - I've got clouds in my coffee
1.97% (3 votes)
3 - Feeling disappointed
1.97% (3 votes)
2 - Cloud what?
11.84% (18 votes)
1 - All Lies!
56.58% (86 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Words and stuff
---
Aristotle's axiom: The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
#2Jedi454Posted 3/31/2014 8:07:09 AM
Textbook reassurance topic.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#3Not_ShippyPosted 3/31/2014 8:08:19 AM
http://gyazo.com/3f9cb18ab3ef81d1e4707348d4cda9fb
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:0476-9471-9375
Xbox Live GT:Eren x Yeager
#4SaQu1BPosted 3/31/2014 8:11:18 AM
I love how people say Cloud Processing is fake.. but they turn around and say how PsNOW will have so much potential. Let me ask you this. If PsNow can render ENTIRE games through the cloud.. why is it so hard to imagine Cloud Processing adding few extra pixels and textures to games? Double standard at its finest.
#5BSerenityPosted 3/31/2014 8:16:19 AM
SaQu1B posted...
I love how people say Cloud Processing is fake.. but they turn around and say how PsNOW will have so much potential. Let me ask you this. If PsNow can render ENTIRE games through the cloud.. why is it so hard to imagine Cloud Processing adding few extra pixels and textures to games? Double standard at its finest.

You just made it very clear that you have absolutely no clue what you are speaking about.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#6crynryanPosted 3/31/2014 8:19:50 AM
SaQu1B posted...

Entirely not how it works. If they were sending "extra pixels" through the internet, those pixels wouldn't be needed by the time they get to your console, as you'd likely have moved onto a different part of the level. Textures on the other hand are just way too big in size to be sent through the net. Compressed video on the other hand is a lot smaller, since all they're doing is sending the finished product and not what makes the product.

It's done by making your console not need to run the heavier of the algorithms, which it can then use that extra processing time in order to make a few more draw calls to the GPU (which will improve graphical fidelity).
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7SaQu1BPosted 3/31/2014 8:20:08 AM
BSerenity posted...
SaQu1B posted...

You just made it very clear that you have absolutely no clue what you are speaking about.

Microsoft claims its cloud architecture can pre-calculate elements like lighting and physics modeling, leading to increased in-game performance.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/report-xbox-one-performance-upped-by-cloud-processing/
#8SoulTrapperPosted 3/31/2014 8:23:24 AM
SaQu1B posted...

Nobody says cloud processing is fake, it's just that it won't actually do anything to improve graphics or processing power, due to bandwidth and latency issues.

Streaming a game is different, since you're only sending video.
Microsoft could stream games as well using Azure.

This article explains all you need to know:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Of course, we wouldn't send data over the internet without compressing it first. It's through compression that OnLive manages to stream high-definition game video over those same slow internet connections. If OnLive can do it with games, why can't it be done with game data for cloud computing? The main issue here is that video can be compressed with lossy algorithms that throw away large amounts of data that the viewer is insensitive to, producing a video that looks largely like the uncompressed source while needing a fraction of the data. This isn't possible with game data like AI or physics states or models.
#9jasomramirez666Posted 3/31/2014 8:41:45 AM(edited)
This is how MS cloud will work...

They have lots of great gaming PC's somewhere... Using your XB1 you can stream your games from these high powered PC's... You get the best possible graphics, ULTRA settings in highest resolutuon.

This will beat the PS4 graphics. As long as you have a steady high bandwidth internet connection that is.
#10MrSpaM111Posted 3/31/2014 8:44:40 AM
jasomramirez666 posted...
This is how MS cloud will work...

They have lots of great gaming PC's somewhere... Using your XB1 you can stream your games from these high powered PC's... You get the best possible graphics, ULTRA settings in highest resolutuon.

This will beat the PS4 graphics. As long as you have a steady high bandwidth internet connection that is.

And the exact same thing could be done using psnow
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628