Cloud processing poll - Vote now!

#11SigmaLongshotPosted 3/31/2014 8:44:45 AM
It's totally real, it's what happens when he's writing an email to Red XIII.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#12BSerenityPosted 3/31/2014 8:48:18 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
It's totally real, it's what happens when he's writing an email to Red XIII.

Red clan finally got email o_o
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#13kennyynnooPosted 3/31/2014 9:05:18 AM
I like its use very much in forza, I really only care about racing.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#14HypnoCoosh(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 9:44:16 AM
What other games has MS been actively using cloud processing?
---
Aristotle's axiom: The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
#15HypnoCoosh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2014 5:44:31 AM
bumpidy bump bump
---
Aristotle's axiom: The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
#16crynryanPosted 4/1/2014 6:08:19 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
What other games has MS been actively using cloud processing?

It's only being used by Titanfall and Forza, currently. Most 3rd party games probably won't use it (unless it's an exclusive game), and most 1st party game should use it to some extent.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#17leelee3105Posted 4/1/2014 8:08:13 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
SaQu1B posted...
I love how people say Cloud Processing is fake.. but they turn around and say how PsNOW will have so much potential. Let me ask you this. If PsNow can render ENTIRE games through the cloud.. why is it so hard to imagine Cloud Processing adding few extra pixels and textures to games? Double standard at its finest.

Nobody says cloud processing is fake, it's just that it won't actually do anything to improve graphics or processing power, due to bandwidth and latency issues.

Streaming a game is different, since you're only sending video.
Microsoft could stream games as well using Azure.

This article explains all you need to know:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Of course, we wouldn't send data over the internet without compressing it first. It's through compression that OnLive manages to stream high-definition game video over those same slow internet connections. If OnLive can do it with games, why can't it be done with game data for cloud computing? The main issue here is that video can be compressed with lossy algorithms that throw away large amounts of data that the viewer is insensitive to, producing a video that looks largely like the uncompressed source while needing a fraction of the data. This isn't possible with game data like AI or physics states or models.

actually lots of people (trolls...probably you) on this board have said it is fake
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#18TurbokkPosted 4/1/2014 8:38:08 AM
The power of the cloud is infinite.
#19TheGam3925Posted 4/5/2014 3:27:55 AM
Infinite power of the cloud = Infinite resolution and infinite frames per second.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#20CharadeSmithPosted 4/5/2014 4:32:42 AM
SaQu1B's cluelessness is amusing.