Now that Phil Spencer is head of Xbox, will you buy a Xbox One?

#21AllgorhythmPosted 4/1/2014 2:08:57 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Drop the Kinect, and lower the price and we'll talk.

Although I have an X1, the inclusion of the Kinect has diminished the console greatly. First, Microsoft requires game developers not to use 10% of the CPU and GPU capacity reserving it for the Kinect. This applies even if the game does not use the Kinect. Second, the Kinect increases the price of the console by about 20%. Even those who like the Kinect concede that the Kinect does not improve the console by a 20% margin. Third, the Kinect imposes constraints in how you set your system up and especially for gamers 'on the go' that want to be able to quickly pack up their console and take it with them.
#22creep50Posted 4/1/2014 2:19:10 PM
never buying xbox one

my 360 got the e74 error and i had to buy another one just to be able to play my games...and that console was bought in 2008...which gave them more than enough time to fix issues like that.

its clear to me that MS dosnt give a damn

360 was my first and last microsoft console
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#23FOXSOLIDPosted 4/1/2014 2:38:46 PM
LOL hell no!
#2495_EclipsePosted 4/1/2014 2:41:30 PM
Ill be waiting for improvement before buying. But my hopes have increased slightly.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#25Shik_stickPosted 4/1/2014 3:05:18 PM(edited)
Like most of the folks at MS, every time this guy opens his mouth he lies and makes himself look like a fool...so nothing has changed.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#26jairusmonillasPosted 4/1/2014 4:04:13 PM
Well whatever the guy do he can't change the fact that X1 is built to be weaker for the whole generation.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#27TiredofhearinguPosted 4/1/2014 5:38:28 PM
WHAT?! REALLY!?!??!! Omg omg omg I have been waiting specifically for him to take over!!!! XBONE TIME!
#28PraetorXynPosted 4/1/2014 6:10:20 PM
aszsith posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
What does leadership have to do with what product I purchase? Jack Trenton had nothing to do with my PS4 purchase. The X1 didn't get a spot in my house because of its higher cost and previous fiascos.

Not sure I would define a DRM model that is commonly accepted by the vast majority of computer software users (for most software, not just games) should be considered a fiasco. The fiasco was all the uninformed gamers running around like Chicken Little screaming about it before they actually realized what it was.

Of course, the funny thing is that now, after the dust has settled and Microsoft kowtowed to those gamers in hopes of earning they business (which didn't happen anyway), the people are asking for some of the features they demanded be removed to now be put back in.

There's a very big difference here. Steam games don't become useless in 7 or 8 years when the next box comes out. Now that consoles are using x86 that may be the case for them as well, but to act like the two situations are equivalent is being deliberately obtuse.

Couple this with the fact that people put up with Steam etc. because there is Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, GetGames, etc. selling Steam keys to compete with each other, which is to say nothing of GOG.com which is completely DRM free. This is why there are always fantastic sales and why in the long run PC gaming is probably cheaper than console gaming.

Microsoft and Sony each have monopolies over their respective store fronts with no incentive whatsoever to compete on software price. Everyone who has an Xbox has to buy from Microsoft and the same is the case with Sony.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#29jackynkurttimsPosted 4/2/2014 1:59:45 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Well whatever the guy do he can't change the fact that X1 is built to be weaker for the whole generation.