Xbox One would have been really amazing if it included backwards compatibility.

#21SupaflyGibsonPosted 3/31/2014 7:15:36 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
CammyApple posted...
The reason I didn't buy a DVD player is that it wouldn't play VHS.
I didn't buy a CD player since it wouldn't play cassettes.

not even close -__-

No thats a pretty good analogy.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#22scoobydoobydontPosted 3/31/2014 7:42:41 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

not even close -__-

No, it's not.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#23AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/31/2014 8:18:58 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
CammyApple posted...

What a poor analogy.

All the things you mentioned can be done with combo units.

because the combo unit idea worked so well for the ps3 when it launched... oh wait

What are you even trying to say?

the original ps3 basically had a ps2 in it so it was "bc" which was nice but also led to the launch rape of $599

That is definitely not the reason the system was $600.

That BluRay drive.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#24CammyApplePosted 3/31/2014 8:34:35 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

not even close -__-

No, it's not.

Prove it.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#25extankerPosted 3/31/2014 8:51:55 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
CammyApple posted...

because the combo unit idea worked so well for the ps3 when it launched... oh wait

What are you even trying to say?

the original ps3 basically had a ps2 in it so it was "bc" which was nice but also led to the launch rape of $599

That is definitely not the reason the system was $600.

That BluRay drive.

The blu ray drive wasn't cheap but having the full set of emotion engine hardware was a huge ding to the retail price. Just look at the first PS3 redesign. The PS2 hardware was one of the first things that Sony dumped to shave costs off. They went software emulation and then dumped BC altogether when they realized very few people actually used it.

Why should they invest in a feature that will barely gets used after the first few months? Just keep your old console if you want to play your old games. The DVD/VHS analogy is pretty spot on.
#26eXcalibur2k5Posted 4/3/2014 2:19:51 PM
extanker posted...
The blu ray drive wasn't cheap but having the full set of emotion engine hardware was a huge ding to the retail price. Just look at the first PS3 redesign. The PS2 hardware was one of the first things that Sony dumped to shave costs off. They went software emulation and then dumped BC altogether when they realized very few people actually used it.

Why should they invest in a feature that will barely gets used after the first few months? Just keep your old console if you want to play your old games. The DVD/VHS analogy is pretty spot on.

By that point it was too late to ditch the bluray drive, plus it was also one of the features driving sales since to some the PS3 was a cheap bluray player with games, since bluray players were super expensive then.

I really believe PS2 bc was dropped mainly for three reasons. one, they needed to cut something from the hardware, to get costs down, and bc was considered non essential, two, they could resell select ps2 games on the ps store and make money where they were not before. three the ps2 was still being sold, so they might pick up a few more ps2 sales.

That said, I very much hated that they removed ps2 bc from later ps3 models, and thought it was worth the extra cost to have it. but I'm not everyone, to alot of people bc is not very important. But that doesn't stop me from wishing all systems had a bc model available, including the xbox one, even if it was only for original xbox games, since they still want to sell xbox 360's as well. BC is something for me at least is something that gets used throughout the life of the console, i still play older games today, it allows me to save space, for which i have a limited amount of, and not have to keep swapping which consoles are hooked up., it let's you play with more modern technology, such as wireless controllers and using hdmi cables, and so much more, like i said it's more than worth it to me, but I'm not everyone.

The VHS/DVD analogy is pretty bad unless you were talking about cart based games on newer disc based consoles, because until you get to disc based media, it is always more expensive, such as with carts in gaming, and more bulky to have vhs slots on your bluray player, but notice most if not all bluray players play dvds and even cds which have been around forever. Plus most everything from vhs is available on dvd now unlike with game consoles where many great games never get re-released for various reasons.
---
Yes, I said what you think i said.
#27eXcalibur2k5Posted 4/3/2014 2:20:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28lordvushPosted 4/3/2014 2:40:14 PM
DarkHoles posted...
I do agree but the last thing they need to be doing is brining anything new (other than games) for the 360. The xbox one is here many of us have already invested a lot of money in it and it would be an insult if they don't shift 90% of their attention to the x1 now.

I totally agree with this.
---
PSN: Vush
XBL: SHADOW FIEND 75
#29BlueJester007Posted 4/3/2014 4:38:26 PM
CammyApple posted...

Most DVD players come with VHS players today. Hell, you could apply this analogy to something a little more recent and it still wouldn't make sense.

I want to play DVDs on my Blu-Ray player - you can. It's pretty much standard for a Blu-Ray player to play standard as well.
---
Searching for meaning is like searching for a rhyme-scheme in a cook book.
-Tim Minchin