Hesitant on hooking my DirecTV to my Xbone. As it requires IR remote setup

#21chuckboston2k3Posted 4/2/2014 4:28:46 AM
Sorry for the delay...

To elaborate on the Harmony Ultimate - This is my third Harmony, and by far my favorite.

The ultimate uses its own "Hub", plus has two "eyes" or extenders you can plug into the hub.

You can set the remote to send commands to either the devices (if you have line of sight), or the Hub (if you do not have line of sight).

Because of this - you do not need to use IR.

Regarding battery life - it is not an issue with the Ultimate. It uses a rechargeable battery - which should last you years.

My Harmony One, which I have had for 5 years now, is just getting ready for a battery replacement, so that should give you an idea on battery life.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
#22aszsithPosted 4/2/2014 6:39:35 AM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
Sorry for the delay...

To elaborate on the Harmony Ultimate - This is my third Harmony, and by far my favorite.

The ultimate uses its own "Hub", plus has two "eyes" or extenders you can plug into the hub.

You can set the remote to send commands to either the devices (if you have line of sight), or the Hub (if you do not have line of sight).

Regarding battery life - it is not an issue with the Ultimate. It uses a rechargeable battery - which should last you years.

My Harmony One, which I have had for 5 years now, is just getting ready for a battery replacement, so that should give you an idea on battery life.

I have the lower model of that, the Harmony Smart Control. It uses the same IR Blaster Hub and has a mini version of your remote (no screen, no rechargeable battery), and also uses your phone/tablet has a touch-enabled remote. It took a little doing to get everything programmed the way I want it on the Harmony website, but overall, its the best remote I've ever had by a LONG margin.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#23Melon_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 2:39:40 PM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
Sorry for the delay...

If I have any issues after switching the satellite to the XBOne, I'll check it out.
I just need to be careful, I've already pissed my wife off buying the XBOne lol. :x
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
3DS FC: 1607-1928-5887